DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2023
Comprehensive Study of the Legal Foundations and Problematic Issues of First Aid for Military Personnel (by Servicemen)
Naumov P.Y. 1, Baranova N.N. 2,3, Kholikov I.V. 4, Kuptsov S.A. 1
1 Main Military Clinical Hospital of the National Guard Troops of the Russian Federation, Balashikha, Moscow Region, Russian Federation
2 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
3 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
4 Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Summary. The purpose of the study is to consider topical issues of legal regulation and improvement of the legislation of the Russian Federation on the issues of first aid to military personnel (by servicemen).
Materials and research methods. The theoretical and informational basis of the study was the developments in the field of military and medical law, as well as research in the field of individual issues of legal regulation of medical activity, forensic and military medical examination in the Armed Forces and National Guard troops of the Russian Federation.
As a methodology of the study were used comparative-legal and doctrinal approaches, as well as the principles of applying a systematic approach in socio-humanitarian cognition. Research methods were analysis and synthesis, comparison and analogy, system method and modeling.
Results of the study and their analysis. The issues of legal regulation of first aid to military personnel (by servicemen) are considered. It is noted that the fulfillment of tasks in the sphere of health care and provision of medical assistance to various categories of persons is an important social task, and the improvement of first aid to servicemen (by military personnel) is an important task of health care, allowing to save the lives of the wounded and sick. The list of conditions in which first aid is provided and the list of first aid measures are analyzed, and the federal executive authorities in which servicemen perform military service are enlisted. Some imperfections of norms and legislative prescriptions in the area under consideration are revealed. It is concluded that the results of the study can be used for further scientific developments in the field of military and medical law and training of personnel of military and medical universities.
Keywords: first aid, legal framework, medical aid, medical law, military law, military service, problematic issues, servicemen
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest
For citation: Naumov P.Y., Baranova N.N., Kholikov I.V., Kuptsov S.A. Comprehensive Study of the Legal Foundations and Problematic Issues of First Aid for Military Personnel (by Servicemen). Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2023;3:57-64 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2023-3-57-64
- Aseev A.G., Bolshakova V.M., Babarykin O.V., Naumov P.Yu. On the Powers of the Federal Service of the National Guard of the Russian Federation for the Provision of Paid Services: The Specifics of Regulatory Legal Regulation. Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh – Voyenno-Pravovoye Obozreniye = The Law in the Armed Forces – Military Legal Review. 2020;6:52-57 (In Russ.).
- Aseev A.G., Bolshakova V.M., Naumova L.Yu., et al. Established Areas of Activity of the Federal Service of the National Guard of the Russian Federation: an Integrated Approach to Legislative Spaces of Regulatory Legal Regulation. Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh – Voyenno-Pravovoye Obozreniye = The Law in the Armed Forces – Military Legal Review. 2020;1:83-89 (In Russ.).
- Aseev A.G., Bolshakova V.M., Naumov P.Yu., et al. To the New Reform of Law Enforcement Agencies? (Commentary on the Draft Law of the Russian Federation on the Amendment to the Constitution of the Russian Federation “On improving the regulation of certain issues of the organization of public authorities”). Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh – Voyenno-Pravovoye Obozreniye = The Law in the Armed Forces – Military Legal Review. 2020;4:79-85 (In Russ.).
- Babaitseva E.S., Bolshakova V.M., Naumov P.Yu. Issues of Fulfilling Military Service Duties in the Provision of Medical Care to Military Personnel or their Medical Examination. Voyennoe Pravo = Military Law. 2021;5:78-86 (In Russ.).
- Babaytseva E.S., Kholikov I.V. Some of the National Guard of the Russian Federation. Voyennoe Pravo = Military Law. 2020;2:78-86 (In Russ.).
- Bolshakova V.M., Naumov P.Yu., Kononov A.N. Evidence and Evidence in the Implementation of Judicial Protection of the Interests of Military Medical Organizations. Voyennoe Pravo = Military Law. 2021;2:210-217 (In Russ.).
- Bolshakova V.M., Engibaryan G.V., Naumov P.Yu. Medical Support as a Special Type of Support for the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other Troops, Military Units and Bodies: commentary on Article 17.1 of the Federal Law “On Defense” of May 31, 1996. Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh – Voyenno-Pravovoye Obozreniye = The Law in the Armed Forces – Military Legal Review. 2021;2:30-37 (In Russ.).
- Bolshakova V.M., Engibaryan G.V., Naumov P.Yu. Separate Aspects of the Organization and Exercise of Judicial Protection of the Interests of Medical Organizations of Federal Executive Bodies, where Federal Law Provides for Military Service. Voprosy Rossiyskogo i Mezhdunarodnogo Prava = Issues of Russian and International Law. 2020;10;12-1:49-56 (In Russ.).
- Bolshakova V.M. Characterization of Modern Legislation on the Enforcement Bodies of the Russian Federation and Service in them. Pravo i Gosudarstvo: Teoriya I Praktika = Law and the State: Theory and Practice. 2021;6:6-10 (In Russ.).
- Bolshakova V.M., Kholikov I.V., Naumov P.Yu. Medical Support of the Judicial System of the Russian Federation. Siberian Journal of Life Sciences and Agriculture. 2022;14;1:103-127 (In Russ.). DOI 10.12731/2658-6649-2022-14-1-103-127.
- Bolshakova V.M., Naumov P.Yu., Engibaryan G.V. Normative Legal Regulation of the Obligation of Medical Organizations of the National Guard of the Russian Federation to Inform Citizens about Obtaining Medical Assistance within the Framework of State Guarantees Programs. Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh – Voyenno-Pravovoye Obozreniye = The Law in the Armed Forces – Military Legal Review. 2021;4:30-38 (In Russ.).
- Bukhtiyarov I.V., Kholikov I.V., Bolshakova V.M., Naumov P.Yu. Experience in Conceptualization of Military Aspects of Medical Law. Meditsina Truda i Promyshlennaya Ekologiya = Labor Medicine and Industrial Ecology.2023;63;1:67-73 (In Russ.). DOI 10.31089/1026-9428-2023-63-1-67-73.
- Gavrilov S.O., Glebov I.N., Chukin S.G., et al. Law at the Bifurcation Point: Discussion of the Conceptual Research of Military Problems of International Law. Gosudarstvo i Pravo = State and Law. 2022;12:59-67 (In Russ.). DOI 10.31857/S1026945200233012.
- Gaydamashko I.V., Naumov P.Yu., Dyachkov A.A. The Potential of the Monograph “Military Law” in Teaching the Future Military Lawyer and the Development of his Personality. Gosudarstvo i Pravo = State and Law. 2023;5:68-79 (In Russ.). DOI 10.31857/S102694520025198-8.
- Goncharov S.F., Baranova N.N., Kuptsov S.A. Results of the Use of Practical Recommendations on the Organization of Internal Quality Control and Safety of Medical Activity Outside a Medical Organization. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;3:51-54 (In Russ.). DOI 10.33266/2070-1004-2022-3-51-54
- Gulyaev V.A., Filatov V.V., Semkin L.B. Methodological Basis for the Analysis of Defects in the Provision of Medical Care. Voenno-Meditsinskiy Zhurnal = Military Medical Journal. 2001;4:15-20 (In Russ.).
- Zemlin A.I. Problematic Issues of Legal Regulation of Relations Related to the Use of Highly Automated Vehicles. Zhurnal Rossiyskogo Prava = Journal of Russian Law. 2022;26;12:58–69 (In Russ.). DOI 10.12737/jrl.2022.128.
- Isayeva I.V., Baranova N.N. Problematic Issues in Organization and Conduct of Air Ambulance Evacuation of Patients and Victims in Emergency Situations. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;4:58-63 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-4-58-63
- Klenov M.V., Kholikov I.V. Legal and Organizational Issues of Monitoring the Health Status of Workers and the Provision of Medical Care to Passengers in Russia. Mir Transporta = World of Transport. 2019;17;3:180-191 (In Russ.). DOI 10.30932/1992-3252-2019-17-3-180-191.
- Naumov P.Yu., Bolshakova V.M., Zemlin A.I., Kholikov I.V. Conceptual Aspects of the Production of Medical Examinations when Appealing in a Court of Conclusions Based on the Results of the Military Medical Examination. Siberian Journal of Life Sciences and Agriculture. 2021;13;6:283-306 (In Russ.). DOI 10.12731/2658-6649-2021-13-6-283-306.
- Naumova L.Yu. Pedagogical Stimulation of the Formation of the Readiness of Future Lawyers for Law-Making Activity: Approaches, Stages, Means. Vestnik Mininskogo Universiteta = Bulletin of the University of Minino.2020;8;3:4 (In Russ.).
- Naumova L.Yu., Naumov P.Yu., Pyatylyshnova O.M., Gibizov A.S. Features of Legal Regulation of Reimbursement of Expenses for the Provision of Services to Military Personnel of the National Guard of the Russian Federation of High-Tech Medical Care. Pravo v Vooruzhennykh Silakh – Voyenno-Pravovoye Obozreniye = The Law in the Armed Forces – Military Legal Review. 2019;10:77-82 (In Russ.).
- Novikov N.S., Naumov P.Yu., Utyuganov A.A. The Physical and Mental Health of Military Personnel as a Socio-Legal Value. Aktual’nyye Problemy Gosudarstva i Prava = Actual problems of state and law. 2022;6;3:450-458 (In Russ.). DOI 10.20310/2587-9340-2022-6-3-450-458.
- Savenkov A.N., Kudashkin A.V. Military Law: Setting the Problem and Solutions. Gosudarstvo i Pravo = State and Law. 2021;4:7-34 (In Russ.). DOI 10.31857/S102694520014362-9.
- Salnikov V.P., Bolshakova V.M., Zakhartsev S.I. The Instructiveization of Military Law as a Branch of Law in Post-Non-Classical Scientific Rationality. Pravo. Zhurnal Vysshey Shkoly Ekonomiki = Law. Higher School of Economics 2023;16;1:251-256 (In Russ.). DOI 10.17323/2072-8166.2023.1.251.261.
- Titov I.G., Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V., Akinshin A.V. Standard Options for Creating a Grouping of Medical Forces and Means in the Organization of Medical and Evacuation Support for the Victims of a Terrorist Attack. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;1:20-30 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-1-20-30
- Kholikov I.V., Bolshakova V.M., Naumov P.Yu., Zelepukin R.V. The Values and Meanings of the Main Judicial Act of the 20th Century: the Axiological Concepts of the Book of A.N. Savenkov “Nuremberg: Verdict in the name of Peace”: Materials of the Discussion. Gosudarstvo i Pravo = State and Law. 2022;10:51-62 (In Russ.).
- Kholikov I.V., Milovanovich A., Naumov P.Yu. The Dynamics of the Functioning of International Law in the Context of the Transformation of a Modern World Order: Post-Non-Classical Approach. Zhurnal Rossiyskogo Prava = Journal of Russian Law. 2022;26;11:132-148 (In Russ.). DOI 10.12737/jrl.2022.122.
- Kholikov I.V., Naumov P.Yu., Bolshakova V.M., et al. Federal State Control (supervision) for Compliance with Legislation in the Field of Ensuring the Safety of Facilities of the Fuel and Energy Complex: a New Stage of Regulation and Law Enforcement. Ugol’ = Coal. 2022;10:66-71 (In Russ.). DOI 10.18796/0041-5790-2022-10-66-71.
- Kholikov I.V. Humanitarian Regulation of the Use of Hospital Courts in Modern Conditions. Mir Transporta = World of Transport. 2022;20;5:76–83 (In Russ.). DOI 10.30932/1992-3252-2022-20-5-9.
- Kholikov I.V., Shafalinov V.A., Volgin A.R., Yakovlev S.V. The Activities of the Forces and Means of the Medical Service in the Context of the Liquidation of the Consequences of an Emergency (Experience of the Russian Military Medical Contingent in the Republic of Indonesia). Voenno-Meditsinskiy Zhurnal = Military Medical Journal. 2007;328;3:10-13 (In Russ.).
- Kholikov I.V. Legal Knowledge for Future Transporters. Mir Transporta = World of Transport. 2020;18;1:260-264 (In Russ.). DOI 10.30932/1992-3252-2020-18-260-264.
- Holcomb J., Caruso J., McMullin N., Wade C.E., Pearse L., Oetjen-Gerdes L., Champion HR, Lawnick M., Farr W, Rodriguez S., Butler F. Causes of Death in US Special Operations Forces in the Global War on Terrorism: 2001-2004. US Army Med Dep J. 2007;Jan-Mar:24-37.
- Eastridge BJ, Mabry RL, Seguin P, Cantrell J, Tops T, Uribe P, Mallett O, Zubko T, Oetjen-Gerdes L, Rasmussen TE, Butler FK, Kotwal RS, Holcomb JB, Wade C, Champion H, Lawnick M, Moores L, Blackbourne LH. Death on the Battlefield (2001-2011): Implications for the Future of Combat Casualty Care. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;Dec;73(6 Suppl 5):431-437.
- Janak JC, Sosnov JA, Bares JM, Stockinger ZT, Montgomery HR, Kotwal RS, Butler FK, Shackelford SA, Gurney JM, Spott MA, Finelli LN, Mazuchowski EL, Smith DJ. Comparison of Military and Civilian Methods for Determining Potentially Preventable Deaths: a Systematic Review. JAMA Surg. 2018;Apr 1;153(4):367-375.
- Mazuchowski EL, Kotwal RS, Janak JC, Howard JT, Harcke HT, Montgomery HR, Butler FK, Holcomb JB, Eastridge BJ, Gurney JM, Shackelford SA. Mortality Review of US Special Operations Command Battle-Injured Fatalities. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2020;May;88(5):686-695.
- Zemlin A., Kholikov I., Mamedova I. Current Issues of Metro Safety Technical Regulations. In: Proceedings of the XIII International Scientific Conference on Architecture and Construction 2020: Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering. Springer, Singapore. 2021;130:236-247. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-33-6208-6_24.
- Zemlin A., Kholikov I., Mamedova I., Zemlina O. Problems of Ensuring Security of Transport Infrastructure Facilities. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 2021;666:042002. Doi:10.1088/1755-1315/666/4/042002.
The material was received 23.06.23; the article after peer review procedure 06.09.23; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.09.23