DISASTER MEDICINE No. 4•2021
On the Issue of Special Exercises in the Counterterrorism System Involving Specialists of Health Care Management Bodies, Medical Formations and Organizations
Download the article in pdf format
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. The objectives of the study are to analyze the experience of exercises conducted in the counter-terrorism system by specialists of the regional Disaster Medicine Service, to identify key organizational issues of preparation and implementation of exercises; to develop proposals for their improvement in the subject of elimination of medical and sanitary consequences of terrorist acts committed with the use of conventional means of destruction.
Materials and research methods. Sources of information and materials studied: normative and methodological documents regulating the procedures of organizing and conducting military training in the field of healthcare; materials of trainings performed by specialists from regional EMC on the subject of organizing the liquidation of medical and sanitary consequences of terrorist acts; data from expert evaluation maps on the subject of the study; scientific papers and publications on technologies of training and exercises involving specialists from healthcare management bodies, medical units and organizations.
The following scientific methods were used in the research: content analysis method, expert assessment method, statistical method, logical and informational modeling, and analytical method.
Results of research and their analysis. The results of the study of basic organizational issues of preparing and conducting special exercises (command-staff exercise, staff training, tactical and special exercises) conducted in the regions with the participation of specialists of public health authorities, medical formations and organizations within the framework of counter-terrorism are presented. Sound proposals were made to improve the technology of preparing and conducting special exercises and communicating their results to medical specialists.
The results of the study showed that almost all the experts (98.0%) were in full agreement with the need, in order to maintain and increase the preparedness of health care authorities, medical organizations, including emergency medical care and the Disaster Medicine Service, to conduct regional trainings on the subject of medical support of the population during terrorist acts. And only 2.0% of the experts had difficulty in formulating a specific conclusion on this issue.
Keywords: command-staff exercises, conventional means of destruction, counterterrorism system, Disaster Medicine Service, emergencies, emergency medical care, medical formations, medical organizations, public health authorities, regional centers for emergency medical care and disaster medicine, special exercises, staff training, tactical-special exercises, territorial disaster medicine centers, terrorist acts
For citation: Titov I.G. On the Issue of Special Exercises in the Counterterrorism System Involving Specialists of Health Care Management Bodies, Medical Formations and Organizations. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;4:11-16 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-4-11-16
- Podgotovka i Provedeniye Komandno-Shtabnykh Ucheniy Vserossiyskoy Sluzhby Meditsiny Katastrof = Preparation and Conduct of the Command-Staff Exercises of the All-Russian Disaster Medicine Service. Methodical Recommendations. Moscow, FGBU VTsMK Zashchita Publ., 2016. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- Metodicheskiye Rekomendatsii po Organizatsii i Provedeniyu Komandno-Shtabnykh Ucheniy (Trenirovok) = Methodical Recommendations for the Organization and Conduct of Command-Staff Exercises (Trainings). Moscow, EMERCOM of Russia Publ., 2013. 101 p. (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V., Titov I.G., Akin’shin A.V., Samoylova M.S. Some Issues of Optimizing Management Activities in Organizing Provision of Medical Care to Victims of Terrorist Acts. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;2:29-34. https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-2-29-34 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V. Meditsinskoye Obespecheniye Naseleniya pri Terroristicheskikh Aktakh = Medical Support of the Population in Terrorist Acts. A Study Guide for Physicians. Moscow, FGBU VTsMK Zashchita Publ., 2016. 79 p. (In Russ.).
- Kistenev V.A., Kistenev S.V. Analysis of Joint Exercises of the Ministry of Health of the Kaliningrad Region and the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Kaliningrad Region in the Medical Organizations of the Region. Sistema Podgotovki Meditsinskikh Kadrov po Voprosam Meditsinskogo Obespecheniya Naseleniya v Usloviyakh Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiy = The System of Training Medical Personnel on Medical Support of the Population in Emergency Situations Materials of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference, Moscow, 3-4 October, 2017. Moscow, FGBU VTsMK Zashchita Publ., 2017. P. 52-54. (In Russ.).
- Kryukov V.I., Grebenyuk B.V., Murin M.B. Command-Staff and Tactical-Special Exercises Are the most Effective form of Training for Specialists in the Disaster Medicine Service in the System of Continuing Medical Education. Sistema Podgotovki Meditsinskikh Kadrov po Voprosam Meditsinskogo Obespecheniya Naseleniya v Usloviyakh Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiy = The System of Training Medical Personnel on Medical Support of the Population in Emergency Situations. Materials of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference, Moscow, 3-4 October, 2017. Moscow, FGBU VTsMK Zashchita Publ., 2017. P. 54-56 (In Russ.).
- Bobiy B.V., Goncharov S.F., Titov I.G. Main Conditions and Factors Affecting the Organization of Medical Care Delivery and Medical Evacuation in Terrorist Acts Involving Explosive Devices and Conventional Weapons. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020;4:16-27. https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2020-4-16-27 (In Russ.).
- Aleksanin S.S., Rybnikov V.Yu., Nesterenko N.V. Experience of Conducting Tactical and Special Exercises of the Forces and Means of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia with a Massive Influx of Victims in an Emergency of a Biological and Social Nature (Terrorist Act). Morskaya Meditsina = Marine Medicine. 2021;7;3:78-86. https://dx.doi.org/10.22328/2413-5747-2021-7-3-78-86 (In Russ.).
- Bogdanova L.S., Galushkin B.A., Salenko Yu.A. Theory and Practice of Conducting Exercises and Training in Case of Radiation Emergencies. Vestnik NCBZhD. 2012;3:99-106 (In Russ.).
- Boykov A.A., Kremkov A.V., Grebennikov V.A., Kul’nev S.V., Lemeshkin R.N., Borisov D.N., Akimov A.G., Sidorov D.A. Results of Interagency Medical Special Tactical Exercises «Cooperation of Medical Forces and Facilities of Different Agencies in Liquidation of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Emergency Situations». Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2017;3:16-21 (In Russ.).
The material was received 08.11.21; the article after peer review procedure 25.11.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 13.12.21