DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2(106)•2019
ORGANIZATION OF MEDICAL EVACUATION WITH IMPLEMENTATION OF EXTRACORPOREAL MEMBRANE OXYGENATION Download the article in pdf format
Lysenko M.A.1, Gumenyuk S.A.2, Ketskalo M.V.1, Tolstykh A.N.2
M.A.Lysenko1, S.A.Gumenyuk2, M.V.Ketskalo1, A.N.Tolstykh2
1 State Budgetary Health Institution of Moscow “City Clinical Hospital №52 of the Moscow City Health Department”, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 State Budgetary Health Institution of Moscow “Scientific and Practical Centre of Emergency Medical Care of the Moscow City Health Department”, Moscow, Russian Federation
The organization of medical evacuation with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ecmo) is analyzed. The algorithm of actions in the provision of specialized medical care to severe patients by the joint anesthesiological and resuscitation transport team is presented. It is concluded that it is advisable to carry out medical evacuation of severe patients to ecmo centers to continue treatment.
Key words: aeromedical team, anesthesiological and resuscitation transport ECMO team, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, helicopter, medical evacuation, reanimobiles, sanitary aviation evacuation
For citation: Lysenko M.A., Gumenyuk S.A., Ketskalo M.V., Tolstykh A.N., (Organizzation of Medical Evacuation with Implementation of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation), Disaster Medicine, 2019; 2(106): 56–59 (In Rus.).
1. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) Guidelines for ECMO Transport, 2015. www.elso.med.umich.edu
2. Vlasov A.Yu., Shchegolev A.V., Sheluhin D.A., et al., (The first experience of transportation of a patient with severe respiratory failure in conditions of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), Voenno-medicinskij zhurnal, (Military Medical Journal), 2015; 4: 10–15 (In Rus.).
3. Popugaev K.A., Gubarev K.K., Kruglyakov M.N. et al., (Experience in the use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for the treatment of respiratory distress syndrome in a specialized ECMO-center), Klinicheskaya i ehksperimental’naya hirurgiya. Zhurnal imeni akademika B.V.Petrovskogo, (Clinical and Experimental Surgery. Petrovsky journal), 2017; 5: 68–77 (In Rus.).
4. Mauer Biscotti, MD, Cara Agerstrand, MD, Darryl Abrams, MD et al., (One Hundred Transports on Extracorporeal Support to an Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Center), Ann. Thorac. Surg., 2015; 100: 34–40.
5. Broman L.M., Frenckner B., (Transportation of Critically Ill Patient on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation), Front. Pediatr., 4.63, Doi: 10.3389/ped.2016.00063.
6. Bryner B., Cooley E., Copenhaver W. et al., (Two decades’ experience with interfacility transport on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), Ann Thorac Surg., 2014; 98(4):1363, Doi: 10.1016/j. athoracsur.2014.06.025.
7. Broman L. Mikael, Holzgraefe Bernhard, Palmér Kenneth and Frenckner Björn, (The Stockholm experience: interhospital transports on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), Critical Care, 2015; 19: 278.
8. Ericsson A., Broman L.M., (Five-Year Follow-Up of Adverse Events During InterHospital Transports on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation), Regensburg, Germany: EuroELSO, 2015.
9. Fedotov S.A., Gumenyuk S.A., Ivanchin D.V., Tolstyh A.N. et al., Organizaciya raboty aviamedicinskih brigad v strukture sanitarnoj aviacii goroda Moskvy, (Organization of work of aviation medical teams in the structure of sanitary aviation of Moscow), Moscow, Medicina Publ., 2018, 40 p. (In Rus.).
10. Lysenko M.A., Keckalo M.V., Andreev S.S. et al., Ehkstrakorporal’naya membrannaya oksigenaciya, (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), Ed. by prof. Lutsevich O.Eh., St. Petersburg Publ., 2018, 72 p. (In Rus.).
11. Pedro Vitale Mendes, Cesar de Albuquerque Gallo, Bruno Adler Maccagnan Pinheiro Besen et al., (Transportation of patients on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: a tertiary medical center experience and systematic review of the literature), Ann. Intensive Care, 2017; 7: 14.