DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2023
Draft Unified First Aid Procedure in the Russian Federation: Problematic and Discussion Issues
1 Moscow Pedagogical State University, Moscow, Russian Federation
Summary. The purpose of the study is to develop proposals to improve the regulation of relations in the sphere of first aid in the basic and expanded scope between the participants of these relations to protect their legitimate rights and interests.
Materials and research methods. Materials of the study are normative legal acts in the field of health care, regulating the issues of first aid: the Federal Law “On the basis of health protection of citizens in the Russian Federation” from November 21, 2011 № 323-FZ; Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia “On approval of the list of conditions in which first aid is provided, and the list of measures to provide first aid” from May 4, 2012 № 477n; qualification specifications of positions of employees in the field of health care; professional standards of health care professionals.
Research methods were analytical, logical methods and information modeling.
The following sources were used in the research: information legal systems “Consultant” (http://www.consultant.ru) and “Garant” (https://internet.garant.ru); the official Internet portal of legal information (http://pravo.gov.ru); the official website of the Ministry of Health of Russia (https://minzdrav.gov.ru) and a number of other open sources of information.
Results of the study and their analysis. The systematized improved and newly developed norms of first aid in basic and expanded volumes are presented, taking into account their application in different conditions and situations as the basis of the unified basic Procedure of first aid. The definition of the concept of “special conditions of first aid provision” is given. The proposal to divide the first aid into two main types — “basic first aid” and “extended first aid” (in special conditions and situations) is made. Problematic and debatable issues of the scope of first aid measures are considered: the use of medicines, ensuring the patency of airways, the use of automatic external defibrillator when performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation, medical evacuation of victims, etc.
Keywords: extended first aid, first aid delivery procedure, first aid, health care, legislation, Unified first aid procedure in the Russian Federation (draft)
For citation: Kolomeitsev M.G. Draft Unified First Aid Procedure in the Russian Federation: Problematic and Discussion Issues. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2023;3:65-73 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2023-3-65-73
- Dezhurnyy L.I., Boyarintsev V.V., Neudakhin G.V. The First Aid System in Russia and its Interaction with the Ambulance Service. Emergency Medical Care. 2013;14;2:44-50 (In Russ.).
- Rossiyskiy Statisticheskiy Ezhegodnik. 2022 = Russian Statistical Yearbook. 2022. M.: Rosstat Publ., 2022. Pp. 90-234 (In Russ.).
- Zakurdaeva A.Yu. Management of First Aid Activities: Administrative and Legal Aspect. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis in Law. 12.00.14. Moscow Publ., 2015. 27 p. (In Russ.).
- Dezhurnyy L.I., Gumenyuk S.A., Zakirov R.R., Maksimov D.A., Trofimenko A.V. First Aid in the Russian Federation. Recent Changes and Near-Term Prospects. Kremlin Medicine. Clinical Bulletin. 2019;3:15-22 (In Russ.).
- Birkun A.A., Dezhurnуy L.I. The Need to Expand the Official List of Conditions in the Russian Federation in which First Aid is Provided. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;4:73-78 (In Russ.).
- Khalmuratov A.M., Dezhurnyy L.I., Ganzhurova B.Ts. First Aid for Injuries and Emergencies is an Important Factor in Preventing Premature Mortality in Russia. Health manager. 2008;2:41-44 (In Russ.).
- Dezhurnyy L.I., Shuvalova E.A., Lysenko K.I., Zakurdaeva A.Yu., Baturin D.I. Principles of Protection from Legal Liability of Persons Providing First Aid to Victims in International and Russian Legislation. Health Manager. 2010;6:34-40 (In Russ.).
- Kolomeytsev M.G., Dezhurnyy L.I., Shavrin A.V. Definition of Groups of Medicines for Use in First Aid to Victims in Special Conditions and Situations. “Skoraya Meditsinskaya Pomoshch-2023” = “Emergency Medical Care-2023” [Electronic edition]. Materials of the 22nd All-Russian Scientific and Practical Congress with International Participation / Chief Editor Bagnenko S.F. St. Petersburg, I.P.Pavlov PSPbSMU Publ., 2023. Pp. 57-58 (In Russ.).
- Kolomeytsev M.G. Legal Regulation of the Issues of Transportation of Victims at the Stage of First Aid. “Meditsina Katastrof-2022” = “Disaster Medicine-2022”. Materials of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference with International Participation / Ed. Zamyatin M.N. Moscow Publ., 2022. Pp. 105-106 (In Russ.).
- Kolomeytsev M.G., Petrova Yu.G. Issues of Implementation and Development of First Aid Measures in the Legislation of the Russian Federation. Representative Power – XXI Century. 2020;7-8:38-42 (In Russ.).
The material was received 27.06.23; the article after peer review procedure 15.08.23; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.09.23