DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2023
Organization of Medical Care for Victims of Emergencies in Medical Organizations of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency. Message 2
Goncharov S.F. 1,2, Akinshin A.V.1, Markov S.V. 1, Bobiy B.V.1,2, Baranova N.N.1,2
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Summary. The aim of the study is to examine and analyze the state and procedure of implementation in medical organizations (MOs) of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency (FMBA of Russia) of significant organizational measures ensuring their readiness to provide medical care to victims during the elimination of the consequences of probable emergency situations at the served objects and territories.
Materials and research methods. Materials of the study were regulatory and methodological documents of FMBA of Russia, regulating the order of organization of medical care for victims in emergency situations at facilities and territories served by FMBA of Russia; scientific works and publications on the subject of the study; special examination cards of 66 MOs of FMBA of Russia, filled out by medical specialists of MOs, including medical specialists of district medical centers of FMBA of Russia — data as of December 1, 2022.
The surveyed MOs, regardless of their location and taking into account their functional capabilities, were divided into 3 levels (1st, 2nd and 3rd).
The main objects of the study: the activity of MOs in creating mobile medical formations and units; readiness to perform medical triage of victims in emergencies; ability to conduct telemedicine consultations; equipment of MOs with medical devices and appliances used in the provision of medical care in emergencies.
Research methods were statistical, sociological (method of expert evaluation) and analytical.
Results of the study and their analysis. Mobile medical units are formed mainly on the basis of MOs of the 2nd and 3rd level. The specialization of a unit is determined by the availability of appropriate medical personnel in MOs, as well as by the peculiarities of the activities of the organization served.
It has been established that the main factors that complicate the formation and provision of evacuation reception center activities during liquidation of medical and sanitary consequences of an emergency are: lack of equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE), lack of experience and proper regulatory and methodological support of activities in the emergency mode, etc.
It was noted that medical specialists who have no experience of working under conditions of mass simultaneous arrival of patients or victims in emergency situations should be trained at special trainings and exercises to understand tasks and conditions of medical triage. Most MOs are ready to form up to 4 teams to perform medical triage in case of mass simultaneous arrival of patients.
When analyzing the data on the availability of an irreducible stock of drugs and medical equipment to provide medical care to emergency victims, it was revealed that it was created and maintained only in 70-80% of MOs of the 1st-3rd level.
It is concluded that the minimum stock of drugs and medical equipment should be created and maintained in each MO of FMBA of Russia and others.
Keywords: emergencies, evacuation facilities, Federal Medical and Biological Agency, medical aid, medical equipment, medical organizations, medical triage, mobile medical formations, patients, telemedicine consultations, victims,
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest
For citation: Goncharov S.F., Akinshin A.V., Markov S.V., Bobiy B.V., Baranova N.N. Organization of Medical Care for Victims of Emergencies in Medical Organizations of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency. Message 2. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2023;3:5-12 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2023-3-5-12
- Goncharov S.F., Akinshin A.V., Bobiy B.V. Organization of Medical Care for Victims of Emergencies in Medical Treatment Organizations of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency. Message 1. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;4:5-12 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-4-5-12
- Goncharov S.F., Bystrov M.V., Baranova N.N., Guseva O.I., Popov V.P., Romanov V.V., Chubayko V.G., Sakhno I.I. Mobile Medical Formations of Service for Disaster Medicine of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019;3:5-11 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2019-3-5-11
- Goncharov S.F., Bystrov M.V., Bobiy B.V. Osnovy Organizatsii Okazaniya Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi Postradavshim pri Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiyakh: Uchebnoye Posobiye dlya Vrachey = Fundamentals of the Organization of Medical Care for Victims of Emergency Situations. A Manual for Doctors. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2017. 98 p. (In Russ.). ISBN 978-5-93064-173-8.
- Aleksanin S.S., Rybnikov V.Y., Evdokimov V.I., Gudz Y.V., Bashinskiy O.A. Methodological Aspects of Creating Mobile Medical Teams at Russian Emercom for Mitigating Consequences of Emergency Situations Ekologiya Cheloveka = Human Ecology. 2017;11:3-9 (In Russ.). DOI 10.33396/1728-0869-2017-11-3-9.
- Sboev A.O. Mobile Medical Unit as a Rational Model of Modern Mobile Medical Formation Operating in the Metropolis in Emergency Situations. Research’n Practical Medicine Journal. 2020;7;1:83-95 (In Russ.). DOI 10.17709/2409-2231-2020-7-83-95.
- Goncharov S.F., Grebenyuk B.V., Baranova N.N., et al. Evakuatsionnyy Priemnik: Obuchayushchiy Modul’ = Evacuation Receiver: Training Module. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2020. 52 p. (In Russ.). ISBN 978-5-93064-186-8.
- Mursalov A.U., Minnullin R.I., Makhnovskiy A.I. Airfild Evacuation Center Experience of the Interaction between the Medical Service of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Disaster Medicine Service and the Ambulance Service. Medico-Biological and Socio-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergency Situations. 2019;2:39-45 (In Russ.). DOI 10.25016/2541-7487-2019-0-2-39-45.
- Suranova T.G., Batrak N.I., Lishakov V.I. Sanitarno-Protivoepidemicheskoe Obespechenie Naseleniya v Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiyakh = Sanitary and Anti-Epidemic Provision of the Population in Emergency Situations: Textbook. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2015. 57 p. (In Russ.). ISBN 978-5-93064-158-5.
- Dokuchaev A.A. Biologicheskiy Terrorizm – Ugroza Veka. Pozharnaya bezopasnost’: Problemy i Perspektivy. 2010;1;1:260-262 (In Russ.).
- Baranova N.N., Akin’shin A.V., Nemaev S.A., Meshkov M.A., Zelentsov K.M., Pismennyy V.P. Organization of Medical Evacuation of Patients with Suspected New Coronavirus Infection COVID-19. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020;2:67-70 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2020-2-67-70
- Lobanov G.P., Sakhno I.I., Goncharov S.F., et al. Osnovy Organizatsii Lechebno-Evakuacionnogo Obespecheniya pri Likvidatsii Mediko-Sanitarnykh Posledstviy Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiy = Fundamentals of the Organization of Medical Evacuation Support in the Elimination of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Emergency Situations. A Manual for Doctors. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2011. 43 p. (In Russ.).
- Titov I.G., Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V., Akin’shin A.V. Issues of Medical Triage of the Wounded in Acts of Terrorism. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;3:5–11 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-3-5-11
- Rozinov V.M., Petlakh V.I., Budkevich L.I. Osobennosti Organizatsii i Okazaniya Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi Detyam v Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiyakh. Uchebnoe posobie dlya vrachey = Features of the Organization and Provision of Medical Care to Children in Emergency Situations. Ed. Goncharov S.F. A textbook for doctors. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2017. 76 p. (In Russ.). ISBN 978-5-93064-176-9.
The material was received 07.06.23; the article after peer review procedure 17.07; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.09.23