DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2023
Results of the Work of the Regional Register of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Road Traffic Accidents, on the Example of the Nenets Autonomous Okrug
Baranov A.V. 1,2, Mordovskiy E.A. 2, Levina E.S. 3, Garunov A.N. 4, Barachevskiy Y.E.2
1 State University named after Pitirim Sorokin, Syktyvkar, Russian Federation
2 Northern State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation
3 Department of Health, Labor and Social Protection of the Population of the Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Naryan-Mar, Russian Federation
4 Nenets Regional Hospital named after R.I.Batmanova, Naryan-Mar, Russian Federation
Summary. The aim of the study is to analyze the results of the work of the regional register of medical and sanitary consequences of road traffic accidents (RTA) in the Nenets Autonomous Okrug (NAO) in 2021 – the first half of 2023.
Materials and research methods. Materials of the study are data from the register of medical and sanitary consequences of road traffic accidents in the Nenets Autonomous Okrug, formed on the basis of information extracted from medical records of patients (f.003/u), admitted after road traffic accidents on urgent indications to the Nenets District Hospital named after R.I.Batmanova. Quantitative and categorical variables were used for statistical analysis. Statistical processing of data was performed using the package of applied statistical programs STATA ver. 12.
Results of the study and their analysis. Characteristics of the group of victims of road traffic accidents, circumstances of their injuries, medical care of victims in pre-hospital and hospital periods are presented. Based on the results of the regional register of medical and sanitary consequences of road traffic accidents, organizational solutions aimed at improving the provision of medical care to victims of road traffic accidents in the region are proposed.
Keywords: hospital period, low average population density, Nenets Autonomous District, pre-hospital period, regional register of medical and sanitary consequences of road traffic accidents, road traffic accidents, victims
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest
For citation: Baranov A.V., Mordovskiy E.A., Levina E.S., Garunov A.N., Barachevskiy Y.E. Results of the Work of the Regional Register of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Road Traffic Accidents, on the Example of the Nenets Autonomous Okrug. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2023;3:35-40 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2023-3-35-40
- Kakorina E.P., Andreeva T.M., Polikarpov A.V. The State of Road Traffic Injuries According to Official Medical Statistics. Problems of Social Hygiene, Public Health and The History of Medicine. 2015;6:18-23 (In Russ.).
- Kuz`min A.G. Road Traffic Injuries as a National Problem. Human Ecology. 2011;3:44-49 (In Russ.).
- Petchin I.V., Barachevskiy Ju.E., Men’shikova L.I., Baranov A.V. The System for Providing Emergency Medical Care to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents at the Pre-Hospital Stage in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. Human Ecology. 2018;12:12-19 (In Russ.).
- Borisenko L.V., Koldin A.V., Akin`shin A.V. The Development and Implementation of Statistical Documentation is One of the Directions for Improving First Aid for Victims of Road Traffic Accidents. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2010;1:47-49 (In Russ.).
- Bugaev D.A., Gorbunkov V.Ya. Assessment of the Organization of the System of Specialized Medical Care for Victims of Road Traffic Accidents in the Constituent Entity of the Russian Federation. Bulletin of the Russian Military Medical Academy. 2019;2:184-187 (In Russ.).
- Grechukhin I.V., Andreev M.K., Akishkin V.G. The Use of Information and Communication Technologies for Personalized Accounting of the Volume of Assistance Provided to People with Injuries in the Astrakhan Medical-Geographical Region. Social Aspects of Public Health. 2015;6:2-8 (In Russ.).
- Makhnovskiy A.I., Ergashev O.N., Miroshnichenko A.G., Kasimov R.R. Experience in the Use of an Improved Method for Registering Multiple and Associated Injuries. Emergency. 2019;20;1:40-45 (In Russ.).
- Saraev A.V., Danets S.V. Methods for the Study of Road Accidents Using Modern Automated Tools. Science and Technology. 2019;18;3:256-264 (In Russ.).
- Finogeev A.G., Finogeev A.A., Ly`chagin K.A., Lyapin A.M. Road Accident Monitoring Tools Based on Convergent Processing of Big Data in the Smart Road System. Innovative, Information and Communication Technologies. 2018;1:165-169 (In Russ.).
- Baranov A.V., Mordovskiy E.A., Samoylov A.S. The Project of the Federal Register of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Road Traffic Accidents. Human Ecology. 2021;7:27-34 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Baranov A.V., Mordovskiy E.A. On the Expediency of Organizing Monitoring of the Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Road Accidents. Medico-Biological and Socio-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergency Situations. 2021;1:31-39 (In Russ.).
- Ovchinnikov E.N., Stogov M.V., Chegurov O.K. Medical Registers as a Quality Management Tool: an Analytical Review. Economic Analysis: Theory and Practice. 2016;8:98-107 (In Russ.).
- Postoev V.A., Grzhibovskiy A.M., Odland J.O. Population Medical Birth Registries as a Tool for Monitoring the Prevalence of Congenital Malformations and Studying their Risk Factors. Human Ecology. 2017;1:52-62 (In Russ.).
- Unguryanu T.N., Kudryavtsev A.V., Anfimov V.G., et al. Russia’s First Municipal Injury Register: Creation, Logistics and Role in the City’s Injury Prevention Program. Human Ecology. 2017;3:56-64 (In Russ.).
- Yagudina R.I., Koroleva N.I. Patient Registries and Everything that is Known About them Today (part 1). Modern Organization of Drug Supply. 2015;2:41-47 (In Russ.).
The material was received 29.06.23; the article after peer review procedure 18.08.23; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.09.23