DISASTER MEDICINE No.1 •2023
The Role of Distance Echocardiography Delivery in Patient’s Medical Evacuation Routing
Teplov V.M. 1, Arkhangelskiy N.D. 1, Prasol D.M. 1, Tsebrovskaya E.A. 1, Kolomoytsev V.V. 1, Burykina V.V. 1, Ikhaev A.B. 2, Moskvina S.S. 3, Bagnenko S.F. 1
Download the article in pdf format
1 I.P. Pavlov First St. Petersburg State Medical University of the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
2 Republican Ambulance Station, Groznyy, Russian Federation
3 The Ministry of Healthcare of Ivanovo Region, Ivanovo, Russian Federation
UDC 616.12-073.7; 614.88; 616.127-005.8:616.911
Summary. Investigation purpose – to research in the subjects of the Russian Federation (subjects) an impact of introduction of distance echocardiography (ECG) delivery on ambulance crew decision-making on patient hospitalization to profiled hospitals.
Materials and methods of the investigation. Investigation materials have been got from 37 subjects. During the investigation a data which characterize work of ambulance crew medical specialists a year before and a year after an introduction of distance ECG delivery for ambulance crews in the subject were compared.
Investigation results and their analysis. A usage of ECG distance delivery and analysis technologies provides an increase of number of hospitalizations to profiled medical treatment organizations of patients with acute coronary syndrome which allow to provide necessary treatment measures in stationary conditions promptly.
Key words: acute myocardial infarct, ambulance crew, distance delivery, electrocardiography, medical evacuation, patients, routing, subjects of the Russian Federation
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest
For citation: Teplov V.M., Arkhangelskiy N.D., Prasol D.M., Tsebrovskaya E.A., Ikhaev A.B., Moskvina S.S., Bagnenko S.F. The Role of Distance Echocardiography Delivery in Patient’s Medical Evacuation Routing. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2023;1:70-72 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2023-1-70-72
- Vedanthan R., Seligman S., Fuster V. Global Perspective on Acute Coronary Syndrome: a Burden on the Young Andpoor. Circ. Res. 2014;114:1959–1975.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Information Bulletin Nо. 317. World Health Organization. 2015. URL: http://www.who.int /mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/ru/. (In Russ.).
- Kontsevaya A.V., Kalinina A.M., Koltunov I.Ye., et al. Socio-Economic Damage by Acute Coronary Syndrome in Russian Federation. Novosti Kardiologii = Cardiology News. 2013;2:10–13 (In Russ.).
- Moran A.E., Forouzanfar M.H., Roth G.A., et al. Temporal Trends in Ischemic Heart Disease Mortality in 21 World Regions, 1980 to 2010: the Global Burden of Disease 2010 Study. Circulation. 2014;129:1483–1492.
- Ivanova A.Ye., Golovenkin S.Ye., Mikhaylov A.Yu. Impact Assessment of Political Measures Aimed at Reduction in Mortality Caused by Cardiovascular Diseases. Sotsialnyye Aspekty Zdorovya Naseleniya = Social Aspects of Population Health. 2014;3 (In Russ.).
- Bagdasaryan A.S., Sirunyats A.A., Pukhnyak D.V., Kamalyan Zh.A., Doroshkova G.A., Remizova A.I., Staritskiy A.G. Quality Review for Diagnostics of Acute Coronary Syndrome at Its Prehospital Phase. Skoraya Meditsinskaya Pomoshch’ = Emergency Medical Care. 2019;20;4:14-18 (In Russ.).
- Shtegman O.A., Kharitonov A.A., Skripkin S.A., Krekov S.A. The Problems of Interaction between Pre-Hospital and Hospital Stages with Suspected Acute Coronary Syndeome in Real Life Skoraya Meditsinskaya Pomoshch’ = Emergency Medical Care. 2018;19;2:21-27 (In Russ.).
- Skoraya Meditsinskaya Pomoshch = Emergency Medical Services. Clinical Guidelines . Ed. Bagnenko S.F. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2015. 872 p. (In Russ.).
- Kawakami S., Tahara Y., Noguchi T., Yagi N., Kataoka Y., Asaumi Y., et al. Time to Reperfusion in ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Patients with VS. Without Pre-Hospital Mobile Telemedicine 12-Lead Electrocardiogram Transmission. Circ. J. 2016;80:1624–1633.
- Popov Yu.B. Rationale for Need to Use Remote Methods of ECG Control During COVID19 Pandemic. Meditsinskiy Alfavit = Medical Alphabet. 2020;28:61–62 (In Russ.).
- Kulikova I.D., Moskvina S.S. Transformation of the Ambulance Service during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Correlation and Thematic Analysis. Medical Journal of the Russian Federation. 2022;28:193-199 (In Russ.).
The material was received 11.11.22; the article after peer review procedure 17.11.22; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.03.23