DISASTER MEDICINE No.1 •2023
Improvement of Trainings of First Aid Provision for Victims in Traffic Accidents on the Federal Highway in Russian Regions with Low Population Density
Baranov A.V. 1,2, Mordovskiy E.A. 2, Barachevskiy Yu.E. 2, Baranova I.A. 1,2, Suleymanova R.N. 1
1 Syktyvkar State University named after I.I. Pitirim Sorokin, Syktyvkar, Russian Federation
2 Northern State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation
Summary. Investigation purpose – to make science reasonable and to develope a complex of measures for improvement of first aid provision for traffic accidents (TA) victims on the federal highways in Russian regions with low population density.
Materials and methods of the investigation. Materials of investigation – a register of cadets who learned the skills of first aid provision in territorial centre of disaster medicine (TCDM) of Arkhangelsk region in a period from 1st January of 2012 till 31st December of 2018. For statistic analysis a categorial variables were used which were presented as percentages; Chi-square Peterson test was used for determination of presence of links between categorial variables.
Investigation results and their analysis. Investigation results analysis showed an increasing of absolute number of learners, including EMERCOM of Russia and Russian Interior Ministry staff, of first aid provision skills; additional professional education program of qualification improvement for medical specialists “Provision of primary medical-sanitary help in extremal form in Arctic conditions” and additional professional education program “Provision of first aid for victims in conditions of North and Arctic” were developed and added to the study process. These programs show an aspects of medical treatment provision and first aid provision in specific conditions of Russian North and Arctic; the program of regular tactic-specialized exercises conducting for stuff of services which are attracted to elimination of traffic accidents medical-sanitary consequences was developed.
Key words: first aid provision learning, first aid, primary medical-sanitary treatment, Russian regions with low population density, traffic accidents with medical-sanitary consequences, victims
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest
For citation: Baranov A.V., Mordovskiy E.A., Barachevskiy Yu.E., Baranova I.A., Suleymanova R.N. Improvement of Trainings of First Aid Provision for Victims in Traffic Accidents on the Federal Highway in Russian Regions with Low Population Density. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2023;1:23-25 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2023-1-23-25
- Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018: Summary. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2018.
- Dorozhno-Transportnaya Avariynost v Rossiyskoy Federatsii za 2021 God: Informatsionno-Analiticheskiy Obzor.= Road Traffic Accidents in the Russian Federation for 2021. Informational and Analytical Review. Moscow Publ., 2022. 125 p. (In Russ.).
- Baranov A.V. Mediko-Takticheskaya Kharakteristika Travm Taza u Postradavshikh v Dorozhno-Transportnykh i Drugikh Neshtatnykh Proisshestviyakh v Usloviyakh Oblastnogo Tsentra Evropeyskogo Severa Rossii (na primere g. Arkhangel’ska) = Medical and Tactical Characteristics of Pelvic Injuries in Victims of Traffic Accidents and Other Contingencies in the Conditions of the Regional Center of the European North of Russia (for example, Arkhangelsk). Extended Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis in Medicine. Arkhangelsk, 2013. 24 p. (In Russ.).
- Barachevskiy Yu.Ye., Petchin I.V., Baranov A.V., Klyuchevskiy V.V. Medico-Social Characteristics of Road Traffic Accidents in the Arctic Zone of Arkhangelsk Region. Mediko-Biologicheskiye i Sotsialno-Psikhologicheskiye Problemy Bezopasnosti v Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiyakh = Medicо-Biological and Socio-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergency Situations. 2017;3:32-37 (In Russ.).
- Baranov A.V., Mordovskiy E.A., Baranova I.A. Improving the Organization of Medical Care for Victims of Road Accidents on the Federal Highway in a Low-Density Region of Russia. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;3:60-64 (In Russ.).
- Gandzhurova B.Ts. Sovershenstvovaniye Mediko-Organizatsionnykh Meropriyatiy Okazaniya Pervoy Pomoshchi Postradavshim v Dorozhno-Transportnykh Proisshestviyakh = Improvement of Medical and Organizational Measures of First Aid to Victims of Road Accidents. Extended Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis in Medicine. Moscow Publ., 2008. 26 p. (In Russ.).
- Dezhurnyy, L.I., Neudakhin G.V., Yurasova Ye.D. Assessment of the Potential Effectiveness of First Aid Measures to Support the Lives of Victims of Road Accidents (Within the Framework of the Road Safety Project in 10 Countries – rs10). Sotsialnyye Aspekty Zdorovya Naseleniya = Social Aspects of Population Health. 2015;2:4-8 (In Russ.).
- Dezhurnyy L.I., Khalmuratov A.M., Lysenko K.I. Factors Determining the Provision of First Aid to Victims of Road Accidents by Vehicle Drivers. Problemy Upravleniya Zdravookhraneniyem. 2009;1:81-85 (In Russ.).
- Lysenko K.I. Mediko-Organizatsionnyye Meropriyatiya Pervoy Pomoshchi Postradavshim v Dorozhno-Transportnykh Proisshestviyakh = Medical and Organizational Measures of First Aid to Victims of Road Accidents. Extended Abstract of Doctor’s thesis in Medicine. Moscow Publ., 2011. 42 p. (In Russ.).
The material was received 17.11.22; the article after peer review procedure 06.02.23; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.03.23