DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2022
Results of the Use of Practical Recommendations on the Organization of Internal Quality Control and Safety of Medical Activity Outside a Medical Organization
Goncharov S.F. 1,2, Baranova N.N. 1,2, Kuptsov S.A.3
Download the article in pdf format
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
3 Hospital of the National Guard Troops of the Russian Federation, Balashikha, Moscow Region, Russian Federation
Summary. The aim of the study was to assess the results of application of the criteria for controlling the quality and safety of medical activity in the provision of emergency, including specialized emergency, medical care and medical evacuation.
Materials and research methods. The results of treatment of 763 emergency patients admitted to the hospital from September 2021 to September 2022 were analyzed. The work of general medical teams of the hospital in rendering emergency medical aid was studied based on medical documents (case histories): 451 patients received medical care during routine activities; 312 patients received medical care within an emergency situation.
During the study, methods of expert review and comparative analysis were used. Thirty physicians with the highest medical category in the specialty “organization of health care and public health” and with work experience of not less than 5 years were involved as experts.
In order to check sufficiency of criteria for quality control of medical care, the authors developed a special questionnaire, in which experts were asked to assess on a 10-point scale the significance of each indicator and their sufficiency for a complete description of all possible clinical situations.
The results were assessed by statistical analysis using the capabilities of Microsoft Excel tables.
Study results and their analysis. The results of the study showed that the most significant criterion of quality control of field forms of work in pre-hospital and hospital periods is the timeliness of medical evacuation, as well as the need to include additional indicators to assess patients with especially dangerous infections in the practical recommendations for the organization of internal quality control and safety of medical activity outside a medical organization.
Keywords: field forms of work, emergency medical care, emergency specialized medical care, medical activity outside a medical organization, medical evacuation, quality and safety control of medical activity
For citation: Goncharov S.F., Baranova N.N., Kuptsov S.A. Results of the Use of Practical Recommendations on the Organization of Internal Quality Control and Safety of Medical Activity Outside a Medical Organization. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;3:51-54 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-3-51-54
- Ivanov I.V. Nauchnoe Obosnovannyye Organizatsii Vnutrennego Kontrolya Kachestva i Bezopasnosti Meditsinskoy Deyatel’nosti na Osnove Metodologicheskikh i Organizatsionnykh Meropriyatiy v Realizatsii Proyekta «Zdravookhraneniye» = Scientific Substantiation of the Organization of Internal Quality Control and Safety of Medical Activities Based on Uniform Methodological and Organizational Principles in the Context of the Implementation of the National Project “Healthcare”. Doctor’s thesis in Medicine. Moscow Publ., 2020;6-7 (In Russ.).
- Korchuganova Y.E., Titkova Y.U. Management of Appealsas a First Step to Quality Management in a Medical Facility. Meditsinskiy Vestnik MVD = MIA Medical Bulletin. 2021;6:63-64 (In Russ.).
- URL: http://www.nqi-russia.ru/upload/doc/Predlozhenija_po_skoroj_v_tom_chisle_ skoroj_spetsializirovannoj_meditsinskoj_pomoschi.pdf
- Goncharov S.F., Bystrov M.V., Baranova N.N., Guseva O.I., Popov V.P., Romanov V.V., Chubayko V.G., Sakhno I.I., Mobile Medical Formations of Service for Disaster Medicine of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019;3:5-11 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2019-3-5-11
- Meshkov M.A., Minulin I.B., Baranova N.N., Ivanov I.V., Taut D.F. Adverse Events Accounting in the Health Care Practice of Emergency Medical Service Foreign Literature Study. Menedzhment Kachestva v Meditsine. 2021;3:108-112 (In Russ.).
- Baranova N.N., Goncharov S.F. Quality Criteria for Medical Evacuation: Substantiation of Assessment and of Practical Use. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019;4:38-42 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2019-4-38-42
The material was received 10.09.22; the article after peer review procedure 14.09.22; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.09.22