DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2022
Issues of Medical Triage of the Wounded in Acts of Terrorism
Titov I.G. 1, Goncharov S.F. 1,2, Bobiy B.V. 1,2, Akin’shin A.V. 1
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Summary. The aim of the study is to develop proposals to improve methodological approaches to the organization and performance of medical triage of the injured in terrorists attack committed with conventional means of destruction.
Materials and research methods. Normative and methodical documents regulating the order of organizing and carrying out medical triage of the wounded in emergencies, including acts of terrorism; data of expert examination maps; scientific works and publications devoted to the issues of medical triage of the wounded in extreme situations.
The following scientific methods were used while performing the research: content-analysis and expert assessment methods, statistical method, method of logical and informational modeling, analytical method.
Results of the study and their analysis. The results of the study, characterizing the state of problematic issues of medical triage of the victims of acts of terrorism, are presented.
The substantiated proposals on improvement of methodical approaches to the order of organization and performance of medical triage and allocation of sorting groups of the defeated in the terrorist act zone have been made.
Keywords: conventional means of destruction, disaster medicine, Disaster Medicine Service, defeated, emergencies, emergency medical aid, emergency specialized medical aid, medical and evacuation support, medical evacuation, medical treatment organizations, medical triage, methodical approaches, terrorist acts, terrorist act zone
For citation: Titov I.G., Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V., Akin’shin A.V. Issues of Medical Triage of the Wounded in Acts of Terrorism. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;3:5–11 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-3-5-11
- Organizatsiya Okazaniya Skoroy Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi vne Meditsinskoy Organizatsii = Organization of Emergency Medical Care Outside a Medical Organization. Guidelines. St. Petersburg Publ., 2015. 46 p. (In Russ.).
- Obshchestvennoye Zdorovye i Zdravookhraneniye = Public Health and Health Care. National Leadership. Ed. Starodubov V.I., Shchepin O.P., et al. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2013. P. 390-407 (In Russ.).
- Lobanov G.P., Sakhno I.I., Goncharov S.F., et al. Osnovy Organizatsii Lechebno-Evakuatsionnogo Obespecheniya pri Likvidatsii Mediko-Sanitarnykh Posledstviy Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiy = Fundamentals of the Organization of Medical and Evacuation Support in the Liquidation of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Emergency Situations. A Manual for Doctors. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2011. 43 p. (In Russ.).
- Lobanov G.P., Bobiy B.V. Organization of Medical and Evacuation Support for the Population in Emergency Situations. Bezopasnost Rossii. Pravovyye, Sotsialno-Ekonomicheskiye i Nauchno-Tekhnicheskiye Aspekty. Meditsina Katastrof i Reabilitatsiya = Safety of Russia. Legal, Socio-Economic and Scientific and Technical Aspects. Disaster Medicine and Rehabilitation. Moscow, MGF Znaniye Publ., 1999. P. 75-95 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V. Meditsinskoye Obespecheniye Naseleniya pri Terroristicheskikh Aktakh = Medical Support of the Population During Terrorist Acts: A Manual for Doctors. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2016. 79 p. (In Russ.).
- Sakhno I.I., Sakhno V.I. Meditsina Katastrof (Organizatsionnyye Voprosy) = Disaster Medicine (Organizational Issues). Moscow Publ., 2001. 560 p. (In Russ.).
- Meditsina Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiy = Emergency Medicine. Textbook. In 2 Volumes. Ed. Goncharov S.F., Fisun A.Ya. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., V.1. 2021. P. 361-388. V.2. 2021. P. 246-281 (In Russ.).
- Emergency Medical Care for Trauma. Ed. Mur E., Mettox K., Feliciano D. Moscow, Praktika Publ., 2010. P. 31-39.
- Osnovy Organizatsii Okazaniya Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi Postradavshim pri Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiyakh = Fundamentals of Organizing the Provision of Medical Care to Victims in Emergency Situations. A Textbook for Doctors. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2017. 98 p. (In Russ.).
- Algoritmy Okazaniya Skoroy Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi vne Meditsinskoy Organizatsii = Algorithms for Providing Emergency Medical Care Outside a Medical Organization: A Manual for Medical Workers of Field Ambulance Teams. St. Petersburg Publ., 2018. 158 p. (In Russ.).
- Lukyanchuk E.M. Organizatsionnyye Aspekty Likvidatsii Meditsinskikh Posledstviy pri Kriminalnykh Vzryvakh v Usloviyakh Goroda Moskva = Organizational Aspects of the Elimination of Medical Consequences in Criminal Explosions in the Conditions of the City of Moscow. Candidate’s Thesis in Medicine. Moscow Publ., 1999. 148 p. (In Russ.).
- Kostomarova L.G., Stazhadze L.L., Spiridonova Ye.A. Clinical and Organizational Aspects of Elimination of Medical Consequences of Terrorist Acts. Meditsina Kriticheskikh Sostoyaniy. 2004;5:3-22 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Kryukov A.P., Kryukov V.I., et al. Organization of Medical Support for the Victims of the Terrorist Act in Beslan on September 3, 2004. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2004;3-4:1-3 (In Russ.).
- Eiseman B. Combat Casualti Management for Tomorrow’s Battlefield: Urban Terrorism. J. Trauma. 2001;51;5:821-823.
The material was received 22.07.22; the article after peer review procedure 12.09.22; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.09.22