DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2022
Impedance Spectrometry as a Promising Method to Assess the Effects of Parametric and Shock-Acoustic Effects of Non-Lethal Weapon Systems
Ivashin V.A. 1
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. The aim of the study is to adapt the method of impedance spectroscopy as applied to the assessment of possible effects of acoustic impact of various parameters.
Materials and research methods. The study was carried out using 70 rabbits (chinchilla) weighing 2.5-3 kg. Five experimental and control groups were formed based on a preliminary examination of the animals in order to cull individuals with altered acoustic stem evoked potential and other parameters. The experimental animals were exposed to five series of 160 acoustic pulses with low-frequency spectrum each.
Results of the study and their analysis. The study showed the promising prospects of using the method of impedansometry in experimental work to assess the impact of acoustic factors on the functional state of the body.
High sensitivity of the method was also proved, allowing to identify difference in the negative impact of acoustic factors of different parameters, which were not identified, in particular, in the analysis of the altered acoustic stem evoked potential.
The results of this work confirmed the need for further research on this phenomenon and for the search for methods of assessing the functional state at the organ and organism levels, correlating with impedance parameters.
Keywords: acoustic stem evoked potential, effects, impedance polarization, impedance spectrometry, intensity, lung biophysical parameters, non-lethal weapon systems, parametric emitter, parametric exposure, peak level, phase angle, probabilistic and temporal characteristics, shock-acoustic effect
For citation: Ivashin V.A. Impedance Spectrometry as a Promising Method to Assess the Effects of Parametric and Shock-Acoustic Effects of Non-Lethal Weapon Systems. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;2:62-66 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-2-62-66
- Izmerov N.F., Suvorov G.A., Karagodina G.A., et al. Physical Factors, Environmental and Hygienic Assessment and Control. Shum = Noise. Guide. Moscow, Meditsina Publ., 1999. P. 31-59 (In Russ.).
- Kitayev-Smyk L.A. Behavior of People During Short-Term Acoustic Stress. Psikhologiya Stressa = Psychology of Stress. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1983. P. 114-139 (In Russ.).
- Ivashin V.A., Grigoryev O.A., Dragan S.P., Solovyev V.P. Medical Apparatus for Evaluating the Effectiveness of Modern Special Equipment with Shock-Acoustic Action. Sbornik Dokladov 2-y Mezhdunarodnoy Nauchno-Prakticheskoy Konferentsii Spetssredstva Neletalnogo Deystviya = Collection of Reports of the 2nd International Scientific-Practical Conference Special Means of Non-Lethal Action. Moscow, 2015. P. 24-26 (In Russ.).
- Grigoryev O.A., Ivashin V.A., Alekseyeva V.A. The Procedure for Assessing Safety Within the Guidelines for Organizing and Conducting an Examination of Special Means Using Physical Factors of Influence. Sbornik Trudov KHV111 Vserossiyskoy Nauchno-Prakticheskoy Konferentsii RARAN Aktualnyye Problemy Zashchity i Bezopasnosti, Sankt-Peterburg, 01-04 Aprelya 2015 g. = Proceedings of the XV111 All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference of the Russian Academy of Sciences Actual Problems of Protection and Safety, St. Petersburg, 01-04 April, 2015. St. Petersburg Publ., 2015. P. 1-3 (In Russ.).
- Ivashin V.A, Solov’ev V.P., Belogorlova O.V. Rapid Estimate of Lung Condition of Experimental Animals in Extreme Environment. Meditsina Ekstremalnykh Situatsiya = Extreme Medicine. 2008;1:87-93 (In Russ.).
- Ivashin V.A., Kezik V.I., Solovyev V.P. The Modified Assessment Technique of the Condition of Lungs at the Experimental Animals at Extreme Exposures. Saratovskiy Nauchno-Meditsinskiy Zhurnal = Saratov Journal of Medical Scientific Research. 2017;13;4:907-912 (In Russ.).
- Poryadok Registratsii Biofizicheskikh Pokazateley Legkikh dlya Otsenki Biologicheskoy Effektivnosti Udarno-Akusticheskikh i Akusticheskikh Vozdeystviy v Opytakh na Razlichnykh Vidakh Bioobyektakh = The Procedure for Registering the Biophysical Parameters of the Lungs for Assessing the Biological Effectiveness of Shock-Acoustic and Acoustic Effects in Experiments on Various Types of Biological Objects. Guidelines. MU № 03.34.07-2014. Moscow, FMBC Im. A.I. Burnasyana Publ., 2014 (In Russ.).
- Ogleznev K.Ya., SHesterikov S.A., SHubin Ye.B. Vyzvannyye Potentsialy Stvola Mozga i Perifericheskikh Nervov = Evoked Potentials of the Brainstem and Peripheral Nerves. Novosibirsk, Nauka Publ., 1987. P. 66 (In Russ.).
- Gnezditskiy V.V. Analysis of ASEP Results in Clinical Practice. Vyzvannyye Potentsialy Mozga v Klinicheskoy Praktike = Evoked Potentials of the Brain in Clinical Practice. Taganrog Publ., 1997. 252 p. (In Russ.).
- Poryadok Registratsii Akusticheskikh Stvolovykh Vyzvannykh Potentsialov (ASVP) dlya Otsenki Biologicheskoy Effektivnosti Ekstremal’nykh Udarno Akusticheskikh i Akusticheskikh Vozdeystviy v Opytakh na Razlichnykh Vidakh Bioob”Ektov = The Procedure for Recording Acoustic Stem Evoked Potentials (ASEP) for Assessing the Biological Effectiveness of Extreme Shock-Acoustic and Acoustic Effects in Experiments on Various Types of Biological Objects. Guidelines. MU № 02.34.07-2014. Moscow, FMBC Im. A.I. Burnasyana Publ., 2014 (In Russ.).
- Tikhomirov A.M. Impedans Biologicheskikh Tkaney i Yego Primeneniye Meditsine = Impedance of Biological Tissues and its Application to Medicine. Moscow Publ., 2006. 12 p. (In Russ.).
- Nikolayev D.V., Smirnov A.V., Bobrinskaya I.G., Rudnev S.G. Bioimpedansnyy Analiz Sostava Tela Cheloveka = Bioimpedance Analysis of Human Body Composition. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2009, 392 p. ISBN 978-5-02-036696-1 (In Russ.)
The material was received 18.01.22; the article after peer review procedure 17.06.22; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.06.22