DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2022
Organization of Admission of the Injured in Radiation Accidents: Experience of the Specialized Admission Department of the Occupational Pathology Center of the Federal State Institution “State Research Center – A.I. Burnazyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center” of the FMBA of Russia
Korenkov V.V. 1, Kasymova O.A. 1, Kretov A.S. 1
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
UDK 614.2: 614.876
Abstract. The main algorithms of actions for the medical personnel of the specialized admission department of the Center for Occupational Pathology at the A.I. Burnazyan Federal Medical and Biological Center of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency when admitting patients injured in radiation accidents and incidents are presented. The authors describe in detail issues of decontamination and priority of medical care, routing of patients within a specialized hospital, problems of sanitary and hygienic safety of personnel.
Keywords: algorithm of actions, routing, medical personnel, medical aid rendering, admission of injured, radiation accidents, radiation incidents, sanitary processing, sanitary-hygienic provision, specialized admission department, specialized hospital
For citation: Korenkov V.V., Kasymova O.A., Kretov A.S. Organization of Admission of the Injured in Radiation Accidents: Experience of the Specialized Admission Department of the Occupational Pathology Center of the Federal State Institution “State Research Center – A.I. Burnazyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center” of the FMBA of Russia. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;2:22-25 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-2-22-25
- Goncharov S.F., Avetisov G.M., Vorontsov I.V., Grachev M.I., et al. Okazaniye Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi Porazhennym pri Radiatsionnykh Avariyakh na Dogospital’nom Etape = Provision of Medical Care to those Injured in Radiation Accidents at the Prehospital Stage Methodical Recommendations. Moscow, VTsMK Zashchita Publ.,1999. 59 p. (In Russ.).
- Grachev M.I., Kotenko K.V., Frolov G.P., Salenko Ju.A. Medical and Sanitary Support of Emergency Rescue and other Urgent Work in Case of Radiation Accidents at Enterprises Serviced by the FMBA of Russia. Meditsina Truda i Promyshlennaya Ekologiya = Occupational Health and Industrial Ecology. 2012;10:28-32 (In Russ.).
- Il’in L.A., et al. Meditsinskiye Aspekty Protivodeystviya Radiologicheskomu i Yadernomu Terrorizmu = Medical Aspects of Counteracting Radiological and Nuclear Terrorism. Ed. by L.A.Ilyin. Moscow, FMBC imeni A.I.Burnazyana FMBA Rossii Publ., 2018. 392 p. (In Russ.).
- Il’in L.A., Avetisov G.M., Antipin E.B., et al. Organizatsiya Sanitarno-Gigiyenicheskikh i Lechebno-Profilakticheskikh Meropriyatiy pri Radiatsionnykh Avariyakh = Organization of Sanitary-Hygienic and Treatment-And-Prophylactic Measures in Case of Radiation Accidents: A Guide. Ed. by L.A.Il’in. Moscow, VTsMK Zashchita Publ., 2005. 524 p. (In Russ.).
- Il’in L.A., et al. Radiatsionnaya Meditsina = Radiation Medicine: A Guide for Doctors. Ed. by L.A.Il’in. Moscow, IzdAT Publ., 2001. V.2. 432 p. (In Russ.).
The material was received 12.04.22; the article after peer review procedure 01.06.22; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.06.22