DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2022
Topical Issues of Providing Medical Assistance to Victims of Road Transport Emergencies in the Altai Krai
Shirokostup S.V. 1, Zimina E.V. 2
1 Altai State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, Barnaul, Russian Federation
2Altai regional Center of Disaster Medicine KGBUZ “Ambulance station, Barnaul”, Barnaul, Russian Federation
UDK 614.88 (571.150)
Abstract. The aim of the research was:
– to elaborate organizational and methodical bases of medical evacuation for the population of the Altai region in cases of traffic accidents including emergency situations, in conditions of healthcare optimization, namely, under the process of merging of the territorial center for disaster medicine with the emergency medical aid station;
– to determine starting points for further development of the Emergency Medicine Service of the Altai Krai.
Materials and research methods. The statistical data of registration and reporting form no.55 “Information on the Activity of Healthcare Institution (Medical Formation) which took part in liquidation of medical and sanitary consequences of emergencies” of Altai Krai Disaster Medicine Service approved by the Order of the Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development of Russia dated February 3, 2005, no.112, and official statistical data of Altai Krai State Road Safety Department were analyzed. The sample included statistical data for 2019-2021.
The study used a set of analytical and statistical methods, which made it possible to process and to analyze the data obtained, to assess the system of medical care and to develop a set of measures to improve the medical evacuation system in Altai Krai using the data about victims of traffic accidents, to predict the duration of their treatment and rehabilitation. The statistical data were processed by means of Statistica 10.0 program complex with the calculation of intensive indices, mean representativeness error (±m) and significance of differences by Fisher’s method.
Results of the study and their analysis. The results of the analysis of organizational and methodological bases of medical evacuation of the population of Altai Krai in road traffic accidents in the conditions of optimization of healthcare in 2019-2021 are presented. The prospects for further development of the regional Disaster Medicine Service, directions of interdepartmental planning and conducting of special tactical exercises, which are one of the basic tools ensuring readiness of managers and personnel of territorial medical institutions for actions on liquidation of consequences of traffic accidents and emergencies, were determined. The necessity of training the population and interested persons in rendering first aid, which is carried out within the framework of the work of the training center of disaster medicine, has been substantiated.
Keywords: Altai Krai, ambulance crews, ambulance station, dead, emergency situations, injured, medical and sanitary consequences, medical evacuation, organization of medical aid, tactic-specific drills, territorial center of disaster medicine, traffic accidents, traffic emergencies, wounded
For citation: Shirokostup S.V., Zimina E.V. Topical Issues of Providing Medical Assistance to Victims of Road Transport Emergencies in the Altai Krai. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2022;2:11-16 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2022-2-11-16
1. Karant O.E. Methodological Support of First-Aid Wards Activity within Structure of Service for Disaster Medicine of Republic of Adygeya. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2015;4:17-19 (In Russ.).
2. Melnikova I.S., Shkatova E.Yu. Characterization of Severity of Consequences of Road Traffic Accidents in Republic of Udmurtia. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2018;2:11-13 (In Russ.).
3. Baranov A.V., Mordovskiy E.A., Samoylov A.S. Road Transportation Injuries on the Federal Highway in the Region with a Low Population Density: Relevance of the Problem and Ways of its Solution. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;2:25-28 (In Russ.).
4. Shport S.V., Bakanov K.S., Kekelidze Z.I. Targets of State Road Safety System in Russian Federation. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;1:18-24 (In Russ.).
5. Timkin V.A., Zainul’dinova V.A., Ripp O.G. Concept of Development of First Aid in Buryat Republic and Possibility of its Realization in other Subjects of Russian Federation. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2015;4:12-14 (In Russ.).
6. Dezhurnyy L.I., Shoygu Yu.S., Gumenyuk S.A., et al. Pervaya Pomoshch’: Uchebnoye Posobiye dlya Lits, Obyazannykh i (ili) Imeyushchikh Pravo Okazyvat’ Pervuyu Pomoshch’ = First Aid: A manual for Persons Obliged and (or) Entitled to Provide First Aid. Moscow, TSNIIOIZ Publ., 2018. 97 p. (In Russ.)
7. Kotenko P.K., Shevtsov V.I. On some Aspects of Conducting a Tactical-Special Exercise on the Organization of the Work of Medical Institutions of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia with a Simultaneous Mass Admission of those Affected from the Focus of an Emergency Situation. Fundamental’nyye Aspekty Psikhicheskogo Zdorov’ya = Fundamental Aspects of Mental Health. 2018;1:104-108 (In Russ.).
The material was received 08.04.22; the article after peer review procedure 21.06.22; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 23.06.22