DISASTER MEDICINE No. 4•2021
Organization of Medical Support for the Military Service Call-Up of Citizens during New Coronavirus Infection COVID-19 Pandemic
Kuzmin S.A.1, Grigorieva L.K.1, Izbagambetova K.A.2
1 Orenburg State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation, Orenburg, Russian Federation
2 Military Commissariat of the Orenburg Region, Orenburg, Russian Federation
Abstract. The aim of the study was to evaluate the organization of screening of conscripts for COVID-19 infection in one of the subjects of the Russian Federation — Orenburg region.
Materials and methods of the study. The study of organization of examination of conscripts for COVID-19 infection included study of the experience of the Center of Military Medical Examination of the Military Commissariat of Orenburg Region in carrying out military conscription under conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic; methodological recommendations approved by the Head of the Main Military Medical Department of the Defense Ministry of Russia as well as the analysis of the activities carried out at different stages of medical sorting.
Results of the study and their analysis. The results of the study of the organization of COVID-19 screening of conscripts in Orenburg Region showed that sufficient and effective barrier medical screening was organized at all stages. Conscripts in good health condition were sent to the Armed Forces for military service under conscription. No claims were received from military units about poor quality selection of conscripts. In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, recruitment commissions of Orenburg Region coped successfully with the task of drafting citizens for military service.
Keywords: barrier function, conscripts, medical sorting, medical support, military service, Orenburg Oblast, COVID-19 pandemic, signs of disease
For citation: Kuzmin S.A., Grigorieva L.K., Izbagambetova K.A. Organization of Medical Support for the Military Service Call-Up of Citizens during New Coronavirus Infection COVID-19 Pandemic. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;4:64-66 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-4-64-66
- Global Web Site of the World Health Organization https://www.who.int/ru (Accessed 22.03.2021) (In Russ.).
- Baranova N.N., Bobiy B.V., Goncharov S.F., Kipor G.V., Fisun A.Ya. Medical Evacuation within System of Liquidation of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Crisis Situations. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2018;1:5-14 (In Russ.).
- Coronavirus-19. Online Distribution Map. https://coronavirus-monitor.ru (Accessed 22.03.2021) (In Russ.).
- Temporary Recommendations for Organizing the Work of the Observatory for Persons Arriving from an Epidemiologically Unfavorable Territory for a New Coronavirus Infection: Letter of Rospotrebnadzor Dated 11.02.2020 No. 02/2037-2020-32 (In Russ.).
- MU 3.1.3260-15. 3.1. Epidemiology. Prevention of Infectious Diseases. Anti-Epidemic Provision of the Population in Emergency Situations, Including the Formation of Foci of Dangerous Infectious Diseases. Method. Instructions (Approved by the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation on 24.03.2015) (In Russ.).
- Methodological Recommendations “Organization of Medical Examination of Citizens Called up for Military Service at the Assembly Points of the Subjects of the Russian Federation for Infection with a New Coronavirus Infection (COVID-19) Using a Non-Selective Immunochromatographic Test System for Detecting IgG/IgM SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies” (Approved by the Head of the State Medical Service of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation on 05.05.2020) (In Russ.).
The material was received 26.03.21; the article after peer review procedure 10.11.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 13.12.21