DISASTER MEDICINE No. 4•2021
Experience of Applying Telemedicine Technologies in the Work of Voronezh Regional Clinical Center for Disaster Medicine
Mekhantieva L.E. 1, Artemov A.N.2, Ilyichev V.P. 1
Download the article in pdf format
1 Voronezh State Medical University. N.N.Burdenko, Voronezh, Russian Federation
2 Voronezh Regional Clinical Center of Disaster Medicine, Voronezh, Russian Federation
UDC 614.2:621.397.13: (470.324)
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to determine the role of telecommunication technologies in increasing the efficiency of Voronezh Regional Clinical Center for Disaster Medicine.
Materials and methods of research. The data contained in analytical reports and other documentation of the Center for 2018-2020 in terms of identifying patterns of their change with the introduction of telecommunications technologies were analyzed.
Results of the study and their analysis. Introduction of telemedicine technologies in the work of the Center resulted in increase of volume of rendering of medical care by its specialists. The neurosurgeons were the most demanded specialists, who performed telemedical consultations, which is mostly related to the necessity of performing consultations for the doctors of trauma centers of the II and III levels, engaged in treatment of victims of car accidents.
Voronezh Regional Clinical Center for Disaster Medicine plans to further expand the use of telecommunication technologies not only in treating victims of road accidents, but also victims of other man-made and natural emergencies.
Keywords: pediatric field hospital, teleconsultations, telemedicine, Voronezh Regional Center of Disaster Medicine
For citation: Mekhantieva L.E., Artemov A.N., Ilyichev V.P. Experience of Applying Telemedicine Technologies in the Work of Voronezh Regional Clinical Center for Disaster Medicine. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;4:17-22 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-4-17-22
- Ilyichev V.P., Mekhantyeva L.E. Modern Scientific and Theoretical Approaches to The Organization of Rehabilitation Measures for Victims of Emergencies. Problems of Ensuring Safety in the Elimination of the Consequences of Emergencies. 2015;1:327-330 (In Russ.).
- Mekhantyeva L.E., Enin A.V. Socio-Demographic Features of Road Traffic Accidents of the XXI Century on the Example of the Voronezh Region. Applied Information Aspects of Medicine. 2017;20;1:14-18 (In Russ.).
- The Number of Emergencies in Russia has grown by one third. 2020. URL: https://tass.ru/obschestvo/10340135 (Date of access: 06.04.2021) (In Russ.).
- For 20 Years, a Little More People Have Died in Disasters than from the Coronavirus. 2020. URL: https://korrespondent.net/world/4283632-za-20-let-v-katastrofakh-pohyblo-chut-bolshe-luidei-chem-ot-koronavyrusa (Date of access 06.04.2021) (In Russ.).
- Mekhantyeva L.E., Berezhnova T.A., Kulintsova Ya.V., Sapronov G.I., Kartashova S.N. Analysis of Peacetime Situations on the Territory of the Voronezh Region. Bulletin of New Medical Technologies. Electronic Edition. 2013;1:264 (In Russ.).
- Mekhantyeva L.E., Enin A.V. The Dependence of Road Traffic Accidents on the Territory of the Voronezh Region on Environmental Factors. Applied Information Aspects of Medicine. 2016;19;4:43-49 (In Russ.).
- Mekhantyeva L.E., Nabrodov G.M., Ilyichev V.P., Leshcheva M.Yu. Railway Injury – One of the Challenges of the 21st Century. Obrazovaniye, Zdravookhraneniye, Kul’tura, Demografiya: Sotsial’nyye Problemy Sovremennogo Obshchestva = Education, Health Care, Culture, Demography: Social Problems of Modern Society Collection of Scientific Papers Based on the Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. 2017:100-106 (In Russ.).
- Kamaev I.A., Levanov V.M., Sergeev D.V. Telemeditsina: klinicheskiye organizatsionnyye, pravovyye, tekhnologicheskiye, ekonomicheskiye aspekty = Telemedicine: Clinical Organizational, Legal, Technological, Economic Aspects. Study guide. Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhegorodskaya Meditsinskaya Akademiya Publ., 2002 (In Russ.).
- Primeneniye Distantsionnykh Telemeditsinskikh Tekhnologiy v Deyatel’nosti Lechebnykh Meditsinskikh Organizatsiy i Polevykh Gospitaley Sluzhby Meditsiny Katastrof = Application of Remote Telemedicine Technologies in the Activities of Medical Organizations and Field Hospitals of the Disaster Medicine Service: A Textbook for Doctors. Moscow, FGBU VTsMK “Zashchita” Publ., 2016. 118 p. (In Russ.).
- Levanov V.M., Loginov V.A., Orlov O.I. Telemeditsina kak Uchebnaya Distsiplina = Telemedicine as an Academic Discipline. Series “Practical Telemedicine”. Ed. of Grigoryev A.I. Issue 4. Moscow, OOO “Slovo”, 2002. 64 p. (In Russ.).
- Naumov V.B., Savelyev D.A. Pravovyye Aspekty Telemeditsiny = Legal Aspects of Telemedicine. Ed. By Prof. Polonnikova R.I., Prof. Yusupova R.M. St. Petersburg, SPII RAN, Anatoliya Publ., 2002. 107 p. (In Russ.).
- Kobrinskiy B.A., Petlakh V.I., Rozinov V.M. Russian Experience of Using Telemedicine Technologies in Emergency Situations. Bulletin of Emergency Medicine. 2009;4:64-66 (In Russ.).
- Children’s Doctor in the War. A Unique Pediatric Hospital Has Been Operating in Chechnya for over a Year. 2004. URL: https://www.miloserdie.ru/article/detskij-vrach-na-vojne-bolshe-goda-v-chechne-rabotal-unikalnyj-pediatricheskij-gospital/ (Date of access 06.04.2021) (In Russ.).
- TV Health Center: How Information Technologies of Voronezh Medicine are Developing in the Conditions of Coronavirus. URL: https://gorcom36.ru/content/teletsentr-zdorovya-kak-v-usloviyakh-koronavirusa-razvivayutsya-informatsionnye-tekhnologii-voronezh/ (Date of access 07.11.2021)
The material was received 30.04.21; the article after peer review procedure 15.11.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 13.12.21