DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2021
Problems of Development and Implementation of Personal Protection Equipment for Personnel of Radiation and Chemical Hazardous Facilities, Emergency and Rescue Teams and Population
Rubtsov V.I.1, Novikov G.A.1, Timoshenko A.N.1 , Prostakishin G.P.1
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. The article presents a brief review of the activities of the laboratory “Personal protection equipment for the personnel of hazardous production facilities” for creation of the regulatory-legal and regulatory-methodological support system for personal protection of the personnel of radiation and chemical hazardous facilities, of regular and non-staff emergency rescue teams of Rosatom State Corporation and of FMBA of Russia as well as of the population living in the influence area of the mentioned facilities.
The issues of standardization and certification of personal protective equipment at NPPs and in the field of atomic energy use — both in the normal operation mode of dangerous objects, and in emergency situations of peace and war time are considered.
The problems arising in the implementation of innovative personal protective equipment, primarily due to international obligations, are shown.
Keywords: certification, emergency rescue teams, emergencies, personnel, population, personal protective equipment, radiation and chemical hazardous production (objects), sanitary and epidemiological standardization, standardization, technical regulation
For citation: Rubtsov V.I., Novikov G.A., Timoshenko A.N. , Prostakishin G.P.
Problems of Development and Implementation of Personal Protection Equipment for Personnel of Radiation and Chemical Hazardous Facilities, Emergency and Rescue Teams and Population. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;3:69-72 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-3-69-72
- Rubtsov V.I., Klochkov V.N. To the Sixtieth Anniversary of the Laboratory of Personal Protective Equipment for Personnel of Hazardous Industries. Medical Radiology and Radiation Safety. 2013;58;5:75-81 (In Russ.).
- Gorodinskiy S.M. Personal Protective Equipment for Working with Radioactive Substances. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1979. 296 p. (In Russ.).
- Petryanov V.I., Koshcheev S.V., Basmanov P.I., et al. Lepestok. Light Respirators. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2015. 320 p. (In Russ.).
- Vylezhnin I.A., Chetverikova Z.S., Skvortsova T.N. Personal Protective Equipment Used When Working with Radioactive and Some Aggressive Substances. Catalog. All-Union Association Izotop. Moscow, Institute of Biophysics Publ., 1981. 99 p. (In Russ.).
- Rubtsov V.I., Klochkov V.N., Timoshenko A.N., et al. Personal Protective Equipment for Personnel of Nuclear Industry and Energy Enterprises. Directory-Reference. Moscow, MOU IIF Publ., 2020. 252 p. (In Russ.).
- Rubtsov V.I., Klochkov V.N., Surovtsev N.A., et al. Standard Timesheet for Equipping with Personal Protective Equipment for Emergency Rescue Units of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom. Publication Second Reccycled, Augmented. Moscow, Institute of Biophysics Publ., 2008. 96 p. (In Russ.).
- GOST 12.4.028-76 The System of Occupational Safety Standards. SB-1 Lepestok Respirators. Technical Conditions.
- Scott O. Schwahn, Nathaniel D. Foster Compromise of Personal Protective Clothing from Liquid Exposure. Health Physics. The Radiation Safety Journal. 2020;00. Issue. doi: 10.1097/HP.0000000000001275.
- Samoylov A.S., Udalov Yu.D., Rubtsov V.I. Radiation Treatment of Protective Overalls and Selection of Personal Protection Equipment for the Personnel Exposed to Coronavirus Infection. Medical Radiology and Radiation Safety. 2020;65;3:85-94 (In Russ.).
The material was received 28.05.21; the article after peer review procedure 14.07.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 10.09.21