DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2021
Key Indicators of Health and Morbidity Structure of Incidence of Police Officers, Firemen and Servicemen of the Russian Federation
Sidorenko V.A.1, Rybnikov V.Yu.2, Nesterenko N.V.1
1 Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, Russian Federation
2 Nikiforov Russian Center of Emergency and Radiation Medicine, EMERCOM of Russia, Russian Federation
3 EMERCOM of Russia, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to assess the main indicators of health status as well as the structure of overall morbidity of employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in 2015–2019 on the basis of long-term data. Authors compare them with the corresponding indicators of the employees of the Federal Fire Service of the State Fire Service of the EMERCOM of Russia and of the contract servicemen, including officers, of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
Materials and research methods. The materials of medical reports on the health status of police officers were analyzed, which contained generalized medical and statistical data on the overall morbidity of all police officers who served in 2015–2019. The comparison of these indicators with the indicators of the employees of the State Fire Service of the Ministry of EMERCOM of Russia and of military personnel under the contract, including officers, of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, is made.
Research results and their analysis.Analysis of health indicators of police officers for 2014–2019 showed that the effectiveness of preventive measures was quite high: about 90% of employees were classified as “healthy” and “practically healthy”; almost every police officer applied for medical help every year.
It was noted that the indicators of the health status of the police officers were similar to those of the military personnel of the Armed Forces and the employees of the State Fire Service of the EMERCOM of Russia. At the same time, the level of general morbidity and mortality was significantly lower among the police officers, in comparison with the military personnel of the Armed Forces, but there were more cases and days of temporary disability. In comparison with the employees of the State Fire Service of the Ministry of EMERCOM of Russia, the police officers had significantly lower “primary access to disability”, etc.
It is concluded that data on the health status of police officers can serve as a starting point in the work on further improving the system of medical support for police officers.
Key words: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, disability, dispensary registration groups, employees, general morbidity, health status, military personnel, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, mortality, State Fire Service of the EMERCOM of Russia, temporary disability
For citation: Sidorenko V.A., Rybnikov V.Yu., Nesterenko N.V. Key Indicators of Health and Morbidity Structure of Incidence of Police Officers, Firemen and Servicemen of the Russian Federation. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;2:11-15 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-2-11-15
- Prostyakov V.V., Zelentsova O.N. Psychological Conditions for Coping with Stress by Employees of Internal Affairs Bodies. Yuridicheskaya Psikhologiya = Legal Psychology. 2009;1:18-24 (In Russ.).
- Korekhova M.V., Novikova I.A., Solov’ev A.G. Features of Mental Maladjustment among Employees of Internal Affairs Bodies. Meditsinskaya Psikhologiya v Rossii = Medical Psychology in Russia. Electronic Scientific Journal. 2012;6. URL: http://medpsy.ru (accessed on 20.11.2020). (In Russ.).
- Evdokimov V.I., Aleksanin S.S., Bobrinev E.V. Analiz Pokazateley Zabolevaemosti, Travmatizma, Invalidnosti i Smertnosti Sotrudnikov Gosudarstvennoy Protivopozharnoy Sluzhby Rossii (1996-2015 gg.) = Analysis of Morbidity, Traumatism, Disability and Mortality Rates in Employees of the Russian State Fire Service (1996–2015). Monograph. St. Petersburg Publ., 2019, 167 p. (In Russ.).
- Evdokimov V.I., Sivashchenko P.P., Grigor’ev S.G. Pokazateli Zabolevaemosti Ofitserov Vooruzhennykh Sil Rossiiskoy Federatsii (2003-2016 gg.) = Morbidity Rates of Officers of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (2003-2016). Monograph. St. Petersburg Publ., 2019, 167 p. (In Russ.).
- Aleksanin S.S., Bobrinev E.V., Evdokimov V.I., et al. Morbidity With Job Absenteeism In Employees of EMERCOM of Russia (1996–2015). Mediko-Biologicheskie i Sotsial’no-Psikhologicheskie Problemy Bezopasnosti v Chrezvychainykh Situatsiyakh = Medico-Biological and Socio-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergency Situations. 2018;1:5-18. DOI 10.25016/2541-7487-2018-0-1-05-18 (In Russ.).
- Aleksanin S.S., Kireev S.G. Kontseptsiya Organizatsii Okazaniya Meditsinskoi Pomoshchi Osnovnym Professional’nym Kontingentam MCHS Rossii = The Concept of Organizing the Provision of Medical Care to the Main Professional Contingents of the EMERCOM of Russia. St. Petersburg Publ., 2019, 300 p. (In Russ.).
The material was received 26.02.21; the article after peer review procedure 15.03.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 15.06.21