DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2021
Medical Support of Mass Events During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Problems and Possible Ways of their Solution
Demenko V.V.1, Cheplyaev A.A.1, Savvin Yu.N.1, Prostakishin G.P.1
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
UDC 614.461 (477.75)
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to summarize the experience of organizing and implementing medical support for mass events by the specialists of the medical teams of the All-Russian Center for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita” in 2008–2019; to analyze and to assess the organization of medical support for the Tavrida Forum and Festival, as well as for the Final of the “Big Change” (“Bolshaya Peremena”) competition in the Republic of Crimea in 2020 in the face of the threat of the new coronavirus infection COVID-19 spread.
Materials and research methods. We analyzed the data of medical reports of specialists of the Field Multidisciplinary Hospital of the All-Russian Center for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita”, who participated in the medical support of mass events held in 2008–2020. The regulatory documents, scientific and methodological publications on the organization of medical support for public events, climatic and geographic conditions in the places of the Hospital’s deployment, legal and medical documentation on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 were studied.
Research results and their analysis. A brief description of the medical support of mass events by the specialists of the Field Multidisciplinary Hospital of the All-Russian Center for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita” in 2008–2019 is given. The organization and implementation of medical support for mass events held in 2020 in the Republic of Crimea in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic are presented. The work of the Consolidated Medical Unit of the FMBA of Russia with the participation of specialists from the All-Russian Center for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita” is analyzed.
Key words: All-Russian Center for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita”, anti-epidemic measures, comprehensive medical support, consolidated medical unit of the FMBA of Russia, COVID-19 pandemic, field multidisciplinary hospital, isolation, mass events, medical evacuation, observation, Republic of Crimea, routing
For citation: Demenko V.V., Cheplyaev A.A., Savvin Yu.N., Prostakishin G.P. Medical Support of Mass Events During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Problems and Possible Ways of their Solution. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;2:35-45 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-2-35-45
- Lobanov A.I. Specifics of Management of Medical Aspects of Security of Mass Religious Events. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2009;2:11–13 (In Russ.).
- Asadullin Sh.G., Akhmetov F.R., Rodionov I.Yu. Medico-Sanitary Service of Mass Arrangements. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 1999;3:5–11 (In Russ.).
- Kostomarova L.G., Fedotov S.A., Spiridonova E.A. Organizational Technology of Medical Support of Mass Gathering Events. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2005;1:5–8 (In Russ.).
- Jaslow D, Yancy A 2nd, Milsten A. Mass Gathering Medical Care. National Association of EMS Physicians Standards and Clinical Practice Committee. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2000; 4:359–360.
- Chubaiko V.G., Radchenko I.V., Cheplyaev A.A., Grabchak S.A., Bobiy B.V., Savvin Yu.N., Chernyak S.I., Avetisov G.M. Organization of Medical Support of Mass Events. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2018;4:5–10 (In Russ.).
- Kostomarova L.G., Fedotov S.A., Krugovykh E.A., Buk T.N., Meleshkov Yu.S., Potapov V.I. Medical and Sanitary Support of All-City Mass Events in Moscow. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2013;1:52-54 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Baranova N.N., Bobiy B.V. To Issue of Organization of Delivery of Medical Care in Emergency Situations in Mass Sports Events. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2016;3:4–13 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Baranova N.N. Features of the Medical Provision of the Population at Mass Events. Aktualnye Voprosy Skoroy Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi na Sovremennom Etape = Actual Issues of Emergency Medical Care at the Present Stage. Collection of Materials II Scientific and Practical Conference with International Participation. Moscow Publ., 2014, pp.18-19 (In Russ.).
- Spiridonova E.A., Fedotov S.A. Medical Support of Mass Gathering Events. TSEPINFORM. 2004;1:3-11 (In Russ.).
- Kutyrev V.V., Karnaukhov I.G., Goncharov S.F., Prosin V.I., Suranova T.G., Avetisov G.M. Ensuring Sanitary and Epidemiological Well-Being of the Population When Conducting Mass Activities as One of the Components of the Biological Security System. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2018;3:42–46 (In Russ.).
- Kuchma V.R., Sedova A.S., Shakaryan A.K., N.N., Rapoport I.K., Sayfullin M.A. Rekomendatsii po Organizatsii Otdykha Detey i Ikh Ozdorovleniya v Period Novoy Koronavirusnoy Infektsii (COVID-19) = Recommendations for Children’s Recreation and Recovery during the New Coronavirus Infection (COVID-19). Guidelines. Moscow Publ., 2020, 19 p. (In Russ.).
- Pakhomenko L.A., Rybakov V.P., Makarov I.A., Dolzhikov O.P. Medical Support of Mass Gathering Events as One of the Types of Activity of Territirial Centre for Disaster Medicine of Moscow Region. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2005;1:9–12 (In Russ.).
- Grant W.D., Nacca N.E., Prince L.A., Scott J.M. Mass-Gathering Medica Care: Retrospective Analysis of Patient Presentations over Five Years at a Multi-Day Mass Gathering. Prehos. Dis. Med. 2010:183–187.
- Arbon P. Mass-Gathering Medicine: A Review of the Evidence and Future Directions for Research. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2007; 22:131–135.
The material was received 11.02.21; the article after peer review procedure 22.05.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 15.06.21