DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2021
Some Issues of Optimizing Management Activities in Organizing Provision of Medical Care to Victims of Terrorist Acts
Goncharov S.F.1,2, Bobiy B.V.1,2, Titov I.G.1, Akin’shin A.V.1, Samoylova M.S.3
1 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
3 National Research Nuclear University MEPhI (Moscow Engineering Physics Institute), Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to develop and to substantiate proposals for optimizing management activities for organizing the provision of medical care and medical evacuation of victims of terrorist attacks with the use of explosive devices and conventional weapons.
Materials and research methods. Research materials: normative and methodological documents regulating the procedure for management activities in the medical provision of the population affected in emergency situations; data of expert assessment maps on the research topic; scientific works and publications devoted to topical issues of management activities in the framework of the issue under study.
In the course of the study, the following scientific methods were used: methods of content analysis and expert assessment, statistical method, method of logical and information modeling, analytical method.
Research results and their analysis. The results of the study showed that one of the organizational issues in the system of countering terrorism and of organizing the elimination of medical and sanitary consequences of terrorist attacks is the presence of a coordinating management body, on which it is advisable to assign the appropriate functions to coordinate the activities of medical forces and means. In the course of the study, the rank value of each medical brigade and medical unit participating in the elimination of medical and sanitary consequences of terrorist attacks was determined; quality of methodological support for predicting medical and sanitary consequences of terrorist attacks and for planning the organization of medical assistance to victims of terrorist attacks has been studied; main methodological approaches that should be taken into account when planning the organization of medical care and medical evacuation of victims of terrorist attacks in each constituent entity of the Russian Federation were formulated; a list of most effective measures has been identified, which make it possible to increase the readiness of health authorities, medical units and organizations to work to save lives and to preserve the health of victims of terrorist attacks, etc.
Key words: basic methodological approaches, forecasting, management activities, medical care, medical evacuation, medical teams and formations, methodological support, optimization, planning, rank value, standard measures, terrorist acts, victims
For citation: Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V., Titov I.G., Akin’shin A.V., Samoylova M.S. Some Issues of Optimizing Management Activities in Organizing Provision of Medical Care to Victims of Terrorist Acts. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;2:29-34 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-2-29-34
- Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V., Akin’shin A.V. Service for Disaster Medicine of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation: Main Results of Activities in 2019 and Tasks for 2020. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020;1:15-27 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Titov I.G., Bobiy B.V., Akin’shin A.V. Main Results of Activities of All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine Zashchita of Federal Medical Biological Agency in 2020 and Tasks for 2021. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;1:10-17 (In Russ.).
- Baranova N.N., Bobiy B.V., Goncharov S.F., Nazarenko G.I., Odintsov N.I. Information and Telecommunication Technologies in Activities of Service for Disaster Medicine of Ministry of Health of Russia. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019;1:5-11 (In Russ.).
- Prognozirovanie i Otsenka Mediko-Takticheskoy Obstanovki, Upravlenie Silami i Sredstvami Vserossiyskoy Sluzhby Meditsiny Katastrof Territorialnogo Urovnya v Chrezvychaynoy Situatsii = Forecasting and Evaluation of Medical-Tactical Situation, Management of the Forces and Facilities of the All-Russian Emergency Disaster Medicine Service. Recommended practice. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2002, 28 p. (In Russ.).
- Planirovanie Meditsinskogo Obespecheniya Naseleniya v Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiyakh = Planning of Health Care for the Population in Emergencies. Recommended practice. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2003, 52 p. (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Grebenyuk B.V., Murin M.B., Sakhno I.I., et al. Upravlenie Vserossiyskoy Sluzhboy Meditsiny Katastrof = Management of the All-Russia Disaster Medicine Service. Medical study guide. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2016, 130 p. (In Russ.).
- Grebenyuk B.V. Organizatsionnaya Struktura i Sovershenstvovanie Deyatelnosti Shtaba Vserossiyskoy Sluzhby Meditsiny Katastrof = Organizational Structure and Improvement of the Staff of the All-Russian Disaster Medicine Service. Candidate’s thesis in Medicine. Moscow Publ., 2009, 313 p. (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Bobiy B.V. Meditsinskoe Obespechenie Naseleniya pri Terroristicheskikh Aktakh = Medical Support of the Population in Terrorist Acts. Medical study guide. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2016, 79 p. (In Russ.).
- Bobiy B.V., Goncharov S.F., Titov I.G. Main Conditions and Factors Affecting the Organization of Medical Care Delivery and Medical Evacuation in Terrorist Acts Involving Explosive Devices and Conventional Weapons. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020;4:16-27 (In Russ.).
The material was received 14.04.21; the article after peer review procedure 30.04.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 15.06.21