DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2021
Road Transportation Injuries on the Federal Highway in the Region with a Low Population Density: Relevance of the Problem and Ways of its Solution
Baranov A.V.1, Mordovsky E.A.1, Samoylov A.S.2
1 Northern State Medical University, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation
2 State Research Center – Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Center of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to use the example of the Arkhangelsk region to identify conditions affecting the organization of medical care for victims of road accidents on the federal highway in a region with a low population density, and to determine the main directions of its improvement.
Materials and research methods. Using the method of comparative analysis, the following review was carried out: review of the authors’ studies, the subject of which was the features of road traffic injuries on the federal highway M-8 “Kholmogory” within the Arkhangelsk region; review of domestic and foreign scientific research, review of regulatory documents on the provision of medical assistance to victims of road accidents. Scientific literature search was performed in eLibrary, PubMed, Scopus systems by keywords. Scientific articles published in 1990–2020 were selected for analysis. Using the method of an organizational experiment, a scientific substantiation of a set of measures to improve the efficiency of the provision of medical care in prehospital and hospital periods to victims of road traffic accidents at federal highway in regions of the Russian Federation with a low population density was carried out. Applying the method of system analysis, on the basis of the results of this study, conceptual provisions for a systemic register of health consequences of road accidents in the Russian Federation have been developed and scientifically substantiated.
Research results and their analysis. The article describes road traffic injuries on the federal highway M-8 “Kholmogory” in the Arkhangelsk region. The factors that determine the effectiveness of the provision of medical care in prehospital and hospital periods to victims of road traffic accidents are considered. The ways of improving the provision of medical care to victims of road traffic accidents at federal highway in a region with a low population density are formulated and substantiated.
Key words: ambulance teams, Arkhangelsk region, federal highway M-8 “Kholmogory”, hospital period, prehospital period, regions with low population density, road traffic accidents, road traffic injuries, victims
For citation: Baranov A.V., Mordovsky E.A., Samoylov A.S. Road Transportation Injuries on the Federal Highway in the Region with a Low Population Density: Relevance of the Problem and Ways of its Solution. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2021;2:25-28 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2021-2-25-28
- Anisimov A.Yu, Isaeva I.V., Bobiy B.V. Improving the Results of Treatment of Victims with Concomitant Mechanical Injuries in Road Traffic Accidents on the Example of the Republic of Tatarstan. Emergency. 2018;1:40-47 (In Russ.).
- Dzutsov N.K., Mearago Sh.L. Medical Aspects of Transport Accidents in Road Transport (message five). Emergency Medical Care. 2017;3:58-63 (In Russ.).
- Sebelev A.I., Yarmolich V.A., Poroyskiy S.V. Provision of Emergency Medical Care to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents in the Volgograd Region. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019;3:12-16 (In Russ.).
- Baranov AV, Barachevskiy YuE, Klyuchevskiy VV, Baushev VO. Road Traffic Injuries in the Arctic Zone of the Arkhangelsk Region. Kuban Scientific Medical Bulletin. 2016;3:21-23 (In Russ.).
- Baranov A.V., Barachevskiy Yu.E. Assessment of the time factor of Provision of Medical Care for Victims in Road Traffic Accidents on the Federal Highway M-8 “Kholmogory”. Medical-Biological and Social-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergency Situations. 2020;2:5-10 (In Russ.).
- Bogachev V.F., Veretennikov N.P., Sokolov P.V. Regional Interests of Russia in the Concept of the Development of the Arctic. Vestnik MGTU. 2015;3:373-376 (In Russ.).
- Gorodetskiy A.E., Ivanov V.V., Filin B.N. Legal and Methodological Problems of Strategic Planning for the Development of the Arctic Regions of Russia. Arctic: Ecology and Economics. 2014;4:4–13 (In Russ.).
- Laverov N.P. On the Contribution of the Russian Academy of Sciences to the Modern Development and Development of the Arctic. Arctic: Ecology and Economy. 2014;1:4–9 (In Russ.).
- Baranov A.V., Klyuchevskiy V.V., Men’shikova L.I., Barachevskiy Yu.E., Petchin I.V. Assessment of the Provision of Medical Care at the Prehospital Stage for Victims with Polytrauma in Road Traffic Accidents in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. Polytravma. 2018;2:11-16 (In Russ.).
- Varakina Y.L., Sannikov A.L. “Travmaticheskaya Epidemiya” v Sovremennoy Rossii (na primere Arkhangel’skoy oblasti) = Traumatic Epidemic in Modern Russian Federation (on the example of the Arkhangelsk region). Arkhangelsk Publishing House of NSMU, 2018, 198 p. (In Russ.).
- Baranov A.V. Mediko-Takticheskaya Kharakteristika Travm Taza u Postradavshikh v Dorozhno-Transportnykh i Drugikh Neshtatnykh Proisshestviyakh v Usloviyakh Oblastnogo Tsentra Evropeyskogo Severa Rossii (na primere g. Arkhangel’ska) = Medical and Tactical Characteristics of Pelvic Injuries in Victims of Traffic Accidents and Other Contingencies in the Conditions of the Regional Center of the European North of Russia (for example, Arkhangelsk). Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis in Medicine. Arkhangelsk Publ., 2013, 24 p. (In Russ.).
- Petchin I.V. Optimizatsiya Okazaniya Meditsinskoy Pomoshchi Postradavshim v Dorozhno-Transportnykh Proisshestviyakh v Monogorode Arkticheskoy Zony Rossii = Optimization of Medical Care for Victims of Road Traffic Accidents in the Monotown of the Arctic Zone of Russia. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis in Medicine. Moscow Publ., 2019, 27 p. (In Russ.).
- Artemov A.N., Vorobyev I.I., Balabaev G.A. Analysis of the Organization of the Elimination of the Health Consequences of a Traffic Accident-Emergency on the Federal Highway at the Border of Two Regions. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2017;1:18-20 (In Russ.).
- Barachevskiy YuE, Klyuchevskiy VV, Yuryeva MYu, Baranov AV, Kolesnikov GS. Analysis of the Health Consequences of Road Traffic Accidents at the Kholmogory Federal Highway M-8. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2015;3:19–20 (In Russ.).
- Conception of Medical Assistance to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents on the Federal Highway M-60 “Ussuri” Khabarovsk – Vladivostok in the Khabarovsk Region in 2010-2012. Healthcare of the Far East. 2010;3:12-21 (In Russ.).
- Popov V.P., Rogozhina L.P., Kashevarova L.R. Provision of Emergency Medical Care to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents on Federal Highways. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2017;3:22-25 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Baranov A.V. Provision of Emergency Medical Aid to Victims of Road Accidents on the Federal Highway M-8 “Kholmogory” in the Arkhangelsk Region. Emergency Medicine. 2020;3:42-46 (In Russ.).
- Baranova N.N., Goncharov S.F. Medical Evacuation During Emergency Response: Routing, Quality Criteria. Emergency. 2019;4:4-13 (In Russ.).
- Bartiev R.A., Duduev V.S., Yersenbiev A.V. Organization of Emergency Medical Advice and Medical Evacuation in the Chechen Republic. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019;3:42-43 (In Russ.).
- Goncharov S.F., Akin’shin A.V., Bazhenov M.I., Baranova N.N. Medical Evacuation of Victims with Polytrauma. Organizational Matters. Message 1. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019;4:43-47 (In Russ.).
- Postoev V.A., Gryibovskiy A.M., Odland Y.O. Population-Based Medical Birth Registries as Tools for Birth Defects Surveillance and Investigation of Their Risk Factors. Human Ecology. 2017;1:52-62 (In Russ.).
- Valkov M.Yu., Karpunov A.A., Coleman M.P., Allemani C., Pankratieva A.Yu., Potekhina E.F., Valkova L.E., Gryibovskiy A.M. The Population-Based Cancer Registry as a Resource for Research and Practical Healthcare. Human Ecology. 2017;5:54-62 (In Russ.).
- Surin M.V. The Organization of the Sanitary-Aviation Evacuation in the Komi Republic. Emergency Medicine. 2018;4:45-47 (In Russ.).
- Unguryanu T.N., Kudryavtsev A.V., Anfimov V.G., Ytterstad B., Gryibovski A.M. The First Population-Based Injury Register in Russia: Establishment, Logistics and Role in the Municipal Injury Prevention Programme. Human Ecology. 2017;3:56-64 (In Russ.).
The material was received 04.02.21 the article after peer review procedure 24.05.21; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 15.06.21