DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2020
Features of Organization of Medical Supplies of Red Army during Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945
Download the article in pdf format
Voronkov O.V., Shevchenko L.I., Kipor G.V.
All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine Zashchita of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
UDC 614.88:615: ”1941/1945”
Abstract. The General characteristics of the organization of medical supply of the Red Army during the Great Patriotic War are given. The article analyzes the damage caused to the military medical service and pharmaceutical industry at the beginning of the war because of a sudden attack by Nazi Germany. The article presents the measures taken by the Chief military sanitary Department of the Red Army to provide the active army with medical equipment. The favorable situation for military medical supplies that developed by the end of the war and its importance for medical support of military operations was noted.
Keywords: Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, medical service, medical supply, medicines, mobilization reserve, Red Army, sanitary warehouse, set of medical goods
For citation: Voronkov O.V., Shevchenko L.I., Kipor G.V. Features of Organization of Medical Supplies of Red Army during Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 3: 22-27 (In Russ.).
1. Gladkikh P.F. Meditsinskaya sluzhba Krasnoy Armii v Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyne 1941–1945 gg. (Istoriya stroitel’stva): Nakanune. 11 maya 1939 g. – 22 Iyunya 1941 g. = Medical Service of the Red Army in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945. (Construction history): On the eve. May 11, 1939 – June 22, 1941. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 1995, pp. 21, 22, 75 (In Russ.).
2. Organizatsiya mobilizatsionnoy podgotovki zdravookhraneniya = The Organization of Mobilization Training of Health: a Textbook for students. Ed. S.F. Goncharov, Yu.I. Pogodin. Moscow, VELT Publ., 2011, pp. 273-274 (In Russ.).
3. Shelepov A.M., Leonov I.T., Veselov E.N. Marshal voennoy meditsiny = Marshal of Military Medicine of Military Medicine. Ed. A.B. Belevitin. St. Petersburg Publ., 2008, pp. 153, 166, 174, 175, 192 (In Russ.).
4. Nagibovich A.R. Stasevich V.S., Bunin S.A., Gegelashvili V.I. Khronologicheskiy annotirovannyy ukazatel’ dokumentov, reglamentiruyushchikh meditsinskoe snabzhenie Sovetskikh Vooruzhennykh Sil = Chronological Annotated Index of Documents Regulating the Medical Supply of the Soviet Armed Forces. St. Petersburg, The Russian Military Medical Academy Publ., 2001, pp. 18-21, 23-25, 38-41 (In Russ.).
5. Shavtsov S.I. Zhuravlyev P.I. – One of the Organizers of Medical Supplies to the Army. Voenno-meditsinskiy Zhurnal = Military Medical Journal. 1958; 9: 61 (In Russ.).
6. Arkhiv VMM, f 1, op. 35484, d. 12, 15, f.1 op. 13884, d. 3, l. 15 (In Russ.).
7. Smirnov E.I. Voyna i voennaya meditsina 1939–1945 gody = War and Military Medicine. 1939–1945. Mysli i vospominaniya = Thoughts and Memories. Moscow, Meditsina Publ., 1976, 462 p. (In Russ.).
8. Budko A.A., Gegelashvili V.I., Lapin V.P., Nagibovich A.R. Stasevich V.S. Meditsinskoe snabzhenie i voennaya farmatsiya v Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyne 1941–1945 gg. = Medical Supply and Military Pharmacy in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945. St. Petersburg, Faros Plyus Publ., 2001, pp. 24, 26, 27 (In Russ.).
9. Gladkikh P.F. Meditsinskaya sluzhba Krasnoy Armii v Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyne 1941–1945 gg. (Istoriya stroitel’stva): Vtorzhenie. 22 Iyunya 1941 g. – 18 Noyabrya 1942 g. = Medical service of the Red Army in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945. (Construction History): Invasion. June 22, 1941 – November 18, 1942. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 1995, pp. 62-63 (In Russ.).
10. Lapin V.P. Military Pharmacy during the Great Patriotic War. Farmatsiya. 1990; 5: 78–82 (In Russ.).
11. Timan’kov K.D. Medical Supplies during the War. Voenno-meditsinskiy Zhurnal = Military Medical Journal. 1970; 5: 30 (In Russ.).
12. URL: http://gmpnews.ru/2010/05/sovetskie-lekarstva-vo-vremya-vojny/By GMPnews on 06.05.2010 (accessed date: 23.09.2018) (In Russ.).
13. Instruction on the supply of medical equipment to the army: Order of the Chief of the GVSU KA. July 21, 1942, No. 262/1 (In Russ.).
14. Korvrach E.I. Smirnov. Voprosy organizatsii i taktiki sanitarnoy sluzhby = Korvrach E.I. Smirnov. Issues of Organization and Tactics of the Sanitary Service. Moscow, Medgiz Publ., 1942, p.41 (In Russ.).
The material was received 16.03.20; the article after peer review procedure 17.04.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 09.09.20