DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2020
Development of Psychological-Psychiatric Direction in Medical Prevention of Road Traffic Injuries
Shport S.V., Kekelidze Z.I.
V.P.Serbsky National Medical Research Centre for Psychiatry and Narcology, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. In order to justify the need to improve the medical prevention of road traffic injuries (DTT), the development of the psychological and psychiatric direction in this area is analyzed. The article considers the legal regulation of medical support of road safety (BDD). It is found that with very extensive and multidimensional regulation in this area, there are factors that make it difficult to achieve the goals. It is noted that the psychological and psychiatric direction of medical prevention of DTT requires significant improvement. The paper presents a conceptual model of psychoprophylaxis to ensure BDD, which can contribute to the development of intersectoral interaction and increase the effectiveness of measures in the field of BDD. This model will work by including in the system of medical prevention of a comprehensive psychological and psychiatric approach with early diagnosis of states of mental disadaptation and identification of risk factors of dangerous driving in drivers of motor vehicles.
Keywords: drivers of motor vehicles, medical prevention, psychiatry, psychological and psychiatric direction, road accidents, road safety, road traffic injuries
For citation: Shport S.V., Kekelidze Z.I. Development of Psychological-Psychiatric Direction in Medical Prevention of Road Traffic Injuries. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 3: 52-59 (In Russ.).
1. Global status report on road safety 2018. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2018, 424 p. ISBN 978-92-4-156568-4.
2. Kachaeva M.A., Shport S.V., Trushchelev S.A. WHO Strategic Directions for the Protection of Mental Health. Rossiiskii psikhiatricheskii zhurnal = Russian Journal of Psychiatry. 2017; 6: 10-23 (In Russ.).
3. Smirnova K.K. Motivation of the Professional Activities of Municipal Transport Drivers, on the Example of Employees of the Department of Transport and Road Management of the Primorsky Region. Molodoy uchenyy. 2016; 1: 1002–1007 (In Russ.).
4. Dorozhno-transportnaya avariynost’ v Rossiyskoy Federatsii za 12 mesyatsev 2018 goda. Informatsionno-analiticheskiy obzor = Road Traffic Accident in the Russian Federation for 12 months of 2018. Information and Analysis Review. Moscow Publ., 2018, 18 p. (In Rus).
5. Gubaydullin M.I. Epidemiology of Road Accidents and Traffic Injuries (Review of Domestic and Foreign Literature). Chelovek. Sport. Meditsina. 2010; 23: 83–93 (In Russ.).
6. Dvorin D.V., Chichinina E.A. Forensic Psychiatric Assessment of the Presence or Absence of Medical Contraindications to Driving. Narkologiya. 2018; 17: 91-98. (In Russ.).
7. Burtsev A.A. Problems Of Complex Preventive Driving while Intoxicated: Organizational, Legal, Medical and Socio-Psychological Aspects. Sotsial’naya psikhologiya i obshchestvo. 2018; 9 : 98–107 (In Russ.).
8. Vasil’chenko A.S., Makurina A.P., Sidorova A.S. et al. Profiles of Individual-Psychological Characteristics that Determine Dangerous Driving Style on the Roads. Psikhicheskoe zdorov’e. 2019; 7: 31-37 (In Russ.).
9. Shport S.V., Makurina A.P., Sidorova A.S. et al. Individual-Psychological Features of Drivers with Alcohol Dependence. Voprosy narkologii. 2019; 5: 45-57 (In Russ.).
10. Shport S.V., Vasil’chenko A.S., Stryutskova M.Yu. Clinical-Psychiatric and Socio-Psychological Consequences of Traffic Accidents (Literature Review). Sibirskiy vestnik psikhiatrii i narkologii. 2019; 2: 82-89 (In Russ.).
11. Kekelidze Z.I., Zakharova N.M., Baeva A.S. et al. Sistema meropriyatiy, napravlennykh na reabilitatsiyu i destigmatizatsiyu lits, postradavshikh pri chrezvychaynykh situatsiyakh: Metodicheskie rekomendatsii = A System of Measures Aimed at the Rehabilitation and Destigmatization of Emergency Victims. Moscow Publ., 2018, 24 p. (In Russ.).
12. Shport S.V., Shemchuk N.V., Drozdov A.Z. et al. Psikhicheskie rasstroystva u voditeley-uchastnikov dorozhno-transportnykh proisshestviy. Psikhiatriya chrezvychaynykh situatsiy: rukovodstvo = Mental Disorders in Drivers Involved in Road Accidents. Psychiatry of Emergencies. Ed. by Prof. Z.I.Kekelidze. Moscow Publ., 2011; 2: 95-129 (In Russ.).
The material was received 06.07.20; the article after peer review procedure 28.08.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 09.09.20