DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2020
Dynamics of Psychophysiological State of EMERCOM Specialists with Signs of Emotional Burnout during 10-day Program of General Health and Medical-Psychological Rehabilitation
Download the article in pdf format
Shtumf V.O., Kurichkova E.V., Koval’ova Ju.O.
Siberian Branch of the Federal Public Institution “Emergency Psychological Aid Centre EMERCOM of the Russia”, Zheleznogorsk, Krasnoyarsk Region, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to identify the dynamics of the psychophysiological state of EMERCOM of Russia specialists with signs of emotional burnout during a 10-day program of general health and medical and psychological rehabilitation.
Materials and methods of research. The sample included 41 specialists who were sent for medical and psychological rehabilitation (MPR) to the Siberian branch of the Centre for emergency psychological assistance of EMERCOM of Russia based on the results of a psychodiagnostic monitoring survey. According to the results of psychological diagnostics, the sample was divided into 2 groups: 1st – persons with the presence of developing symptoms and phases of emotional burnout – 29 people; 2nd – persons with the presence of the developed phases of resistance and exhaustion – 12 people. The research methods were: psychological interview, V.V. Boyko’s emotional burnout questionnaire; psychophysiological examination using the hardware complexes “Psychophysiologist” and “Reactor”, Martine’s test, etc.
Research results and their analysis. The prevailing structure of emotional burnout of specialists is both the emerging and the established phases of resistance. The implementation of a 10-day general health program of MPR leads to statistically significant shifts – within the same level – towards improving functional mobility and coordination of movements, reducing emotional excitability, improving the emotional state mainly in group 1 individuals – with developing symptoms and phases of emotional burnout – in contrast to group 2 individuals – with established phases, as well as to subjective improvement of well-being in both groups.
Indicators of functional mobility of the nervous system and motor-visual coordination of movements can be considered as the most sensitive to measures of medical and psychological rehabilitation of specialists with developing phases of emotional burnout. For specialists with existing symptoms and phases of emotional burnout, it is necessary to develop specialized correction modules and supplement the content of a 10-day general health program with methods that are specifically focused on the study of the psychological aspects of emotional burnout. This group of people may need an increase of the duration of the rehabilitation program, as well as of the number of sessions of individual psychological correction.
Keywords: dynamics of psychophysiological state, emotional burnout, extreme psychology, psychological diagnostics, psychophysiology, specialists of the EMERCOM of Russia, ten-day general health program of medical and psychological rehabilitation
For citation: Shtumf V.O., Kurichkova E.V., Koval’ova Ju.O. Dynamics of Psychophysiological State of EMERCOM Specialists with Signs of Emotional Burnout during 10-day Program of General Health and Medical-Psychological Rehabilitation. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 2: 44-51 (In Russ.).
1. Karapetyan L.V., Redina E.A. Features of emotional burnout of specialists of the EMERCOM of Russia. Sotsialno-psikhologicheskie problemy formirovaniya lichnosti gosudarstvennogo sluzhashchego v sovremennoy Rossii = Socio-psychological problems of the formation of the personality of a public servant in modern Russia: Sat. scientific labor. Ed. by B.Yu.Berzin. Yekaterinburg Publ., 2012. Pp. 181-186 (In Russ.).
2. Mozgunova S.I., Redina E.A. Emotional burnout as a factor that reduces the professional reliability of firefighters. Sovremennye tekhnologii obespecheniya grazhdanskoy oborony i likvidatsii posledstviy chrezvychaynykh situatsiy = Modern technologies for providing civil Defence and emergency response. 2018; 1: 309-311 (In Russ.).
3. Kurichkova E.V. Organization of medical and psychological rehabilitation of extreme professions in the conditions of the Siberian branch of Federal public institution Emergency psychological aid Centre EMERCOM of Russia. Materials of the Congress of the Russian Psychological Society. Kazan, Kazanskiy universitet Publ, 2017; 1: 316-318 (In Russ.).
4. Kurichkova E.V., Stumf V.O. Efficiency criteria for a 10-day program of medical and psychological rehabilitation for specialists of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia. Mediko-Biologicheskie i Social’no-Psikhologicheskiye Problemy Bezopasnosti v Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiyakh = Medico-Byiological and Socially-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergencies. 2019; 3: 5-14 (In Russ.).
5. Boyko V.V. Energiya emotsiy = Energy of emotions. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2004. 474 p. (In Russ.).
6. Psikhologiya obshcheniya = The psychology of communication. Encyclopedic Dictionary. Ed. by A.A.Bodalev. Moscow, Kogito-Tsenter Publ.,. 2011. 2280 p. (In Russ.).
7. Programmno-metodicheskoe obespechenie Funktsionalnoe bioupravlenie s biologicheskoy obratnoy svyazyu REAKOR = Software and methodological support. Functional biofeedback with biological feedback REAKOR. User guide. P.2. Methodical instructions A_2477-27_RP. Taganrog, NPKF Medicom MTD Publ., 2013. 182 p. (In Russ.).
8. Ustroystvo psikhofiziologicheskogo testirovaniya = The device of psychophysiological testing UPFT-1/30 – PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGIST. Methodical reference book A_7752-02_MS of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia. Taganrog, NPKF Medicom MTD Publ., 2013. 104 p. (In Russ.).
The material was received 15.05.20; the article after peer review procedure 22.05.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 27.05.20