DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2•2020
Organization of Medical Evacuation of Patients with Suspected New Coronavirus Infection COVID-19
Baranova N.N.1,2, Akin’shin A.V.1,2, Nemaev S.A. 1, Meshkov M.A.1,3, Zelentsov K.M.1, Pismennyy V.P.1
1 All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita” of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
3 V.A.Negovsky Scientific Research Institute of General Reanimatology of the Federal Research and Clinical Centre of Intensive Care Medicine and Rehabilitology, Moscow Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to generalize the experience of specialists of the All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine ” Zashchita” on organization of medical evacuation of patients with COVID-19.
Research materials and methods: regulatory and methodological documents, technologies for preparing and conducting medical evacuation of patients with COVID-19, methods for ensuring infectious safety, call cards.
Research results and their analysis. Specialists Of the Centre for medical evacuation and emergency medical care (CME and EMC) of the ARCDM ” Zashchita ” (Centre) in accordance with the state task carry out medical evacuation of patients with COVID-19. In total, as of June 1, 2020, 300 patients were medically evacuated by ambulance and 11 patients by air transport.
The analysis of the experience of organizing medical evacuation of patients with COVID-19 by specialists of ARCDM ” Zashchita” showed:
– current regulatory and methodological documents give a general idea of the organization of medical evacuation of patients with COVID-19. Specific organizational issues related to ensuring infectious safety in a medical organization (LMO) are resolved as they arise within the framework of normative regulation;
– medical evacuation of a patient with COVID-19 can be performed by a team of two medical specialists without an orderly;
– when carrying out medical evacuation of patients with COVID-19, the best option should be considered the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), which can be put on without assistance and does not leave open areas of the body of the team members;
– put on PPE, including a respirator, on arrival to the place of call, without leaving the ambulance;
– after the medical evacuation of a patient with COVID-19, the SMP vehicle should be disinfected as quickly as possible to ensure readiness for the next call and carried out in any way permitted by regulatory documents;
– when carrying out medical evacuation of patients of infectious and non-infectious profiles, it is necessary to divide the sanitary transport in the LMO into 2 appropriate groups;
– conducting sanitary aviation evacuation of patients with COVID-19 without using a transport isolation box is difficult and requires separate study.
Keywords: air ambulance evacuation, COVID-19 coronavirus infection, COVID-19 patients, infectious safety, medical evacuation, personal protective equipment, transport isolation box
For citation: Baranova N.N., Akin’shin A.V., Nemaev S.A., Meshkov M.A., Zelentsov K.M., Pismennyy V.P. Organization of Medical Evacuation of Patients with Suspected New Coronavirus Infection COVID-19. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 2: 67-70 (In Russ.).
1. Organizing and conducting primary anti-epidemic measures in cases of the detection of a patient (corpse) suspected of infectious diseases that cause emergencies in the field of sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population. Recommended practice No.3.4.2552-09. Approved by the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation in September 17, 2009. Introduction date November 1, 2009 (In Russ.).
2. Anti-epidemic provision of the population in emergency situations, including the formation of hotbeds of dangerous infectious diseases. Recommended practice No. 3.1.3260-15. Approved by the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation in March 24, 2015. Introduction date March 24, 2015 (In Russ.).
3. On the temporary work of medical organizations to implement measures to prevent and reduce the risks of the spread of a new coronavirus infection COVID-19. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation dated March 19, 2020 No. 198n (with appropriate changes) (In Russ.).
4. Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19). Temporary methodical recommendations – version No. 6 dated April 28, 2020 (In Russ.).
5. On the approval of SanPin No. 126.96.36.19990-10 Sanitary and epidemiological requirements for the treatment of medical waste. Decree of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation dated February 9, 2020 No. 163 (In Russ.).
6. Meshkov M.A. Sanitary and aviation evacuation of patients with new coronavirus infection. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 1: 61 (In Russ.).
The material was received 12.05.20; the article after peer review procedure 22.05.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 27.05.20