DISASTER MEDICINE No. 1•2020
Principles of Training of Medical Specialists of Air Medical Teams.
Download the article in pdf format
Gumenyuk S.A.1, Ivanchin D.V.2
1 Scientific and Practical Centre of Emergency Medical Care of the Moscow City Health Department, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita”, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. It is noted that due to the increase in the number of helicopters, the number of medical personnel of air medical teams is increasing. Working with modern equipment on board an aircraft requires highly qualified medical personnel both in their main specialty and in the specifics of working aboard the aircraft.
Specialists of the training Centre of the All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita” are engaged in training of medical workers of the teams. Training is carried out both on the basis of the training Centre and on exit cycles.
The main categories trained are: emergency aid medical doctors, anesthesiologists-resuscitators, paramedics and nurses-anesthetists. At the beginning of training, entrance testing is carried out, then the theoretical and practical part is studied, the knowledge and skills obtained are checked by exit testing. In the course of training, models of helicopters and passenger planes are used, as well as operating models of aircraft. After training, medical specialists have internship on aircraft at their place of work. Over 2,400 medical specialists of air medical teams have been trained there during the work of the training Centre “Zashchita”.
Key words: air medical teams, aircraft, guidelines, medical specialists, training Centre of the All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita”, training
For citation: Gumenyuk S.A., Ivanchin D.V. Principles of Training of Medical Specialists of Air Medical Teams. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 1: 62-65 (In Russ.).
1. Ispol’zovanie aviatsii pri likvidatsii chrezvychaynykh situatsiy. Katastrofy i chelovek Kn. 1. Rossiyskiy opyt protivodeystviya chrezvychaynym situatsiyam = Use of aviation in emergency situations. Catastrophe and Man: Book 1. Russian experience in dealing with emergencies. Ed. by Vorobyev Yu.L. Moscow, AST-LTD Publ., 1997, pp. 174-175 (In Russ.).
2. Kozyrev D.V., Khupov M.T. Sanitary Aviation Evacuation with Use of Light Helicopters in Megapolis Environment. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2017; 1: 31-33 (In Russ.).
3. Garmash O.A., Nemaev S.A., Popov A.V. Nauchnoe obosnovanie mer po organizatsii ekstrennoy meditsinskoy pomoshchi litsam, postradavshim v rezultate dorozhnotransportnykh proisshestviy, s ispolzovaniem vertoletov. Otchetnye materialy po Gosudarstvennomu kontraktu = The scientific justification for the measures to organize emergency medical care for those affected by road traffic accidents using helicopters. Read more under the State Contract dated May 4, 2008, No. 06/212, 64 p. (In Russ.).
4. Makhnev V.G. Ispolzovanie sanitarnykh vertoletov legkogo klassa pri likvidatsii medikosanitarnykh posledstviy dorozhnotransportnykh proisshestviy i chrezvychaynykh situatsiy na territorii g. Moskvy v 1995–2007 gg. = The Use of Light-Class Ambulance Helicopters in the Elimination of the Health Consequences of Road Accidents and Emergencies in Moscow in 1995-2007. Sredstva spaseniya. Protivopozharnaya zashchita. Katalog. 306. Vyp. 8. Moscow, VDPO Publ., No date, pp. 160-164 (In Russ.).
5. Johnson M.S. Editorial Comments – Role of Air-Medical Evacuation in Mass Casualty Incidents – A Train Collision Experience. Prehospital Disaster Medicine. 2009; 3: 271-279.
6. Stephen H. Thomas, Kathleen M.Brown, Zoë J. Oliver, Daniel W. Spaite, Benjamin J. Lawner et al. An Evidence-based Guidline for the Air Medical Transportation of Prehospital Trauma Patients. Journal Prehospital Emergency Care. 2014; 18; Issue sup 1.
7. Taylor C.B., Stevenson M., Stephen J. et al. A Systematic Review of the Costs and Benefits of Helicopter Emergency Medical Services. Injury, Int. J. Care Injured, 2010; 41: 10–20.
8. On the approval of Regulations of the All-Russian Service for Disaster Medicine. Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated August 26, 2013, No. 734-FZ (In Russ.).
9. On the approval of an Approximate Additional Professional Training Program for Doctors and Medical Professionals with Secondary Vocational Education, Working as Part of Visiting Air Medical Teams, with a term of development of 72 academic hours on “Sanitary and Aviation Evacuation”. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation dated June 30, 2016, No. 440. (In Russ.).
10. Instruktsiya po vypolneniyu aviatsionnykh rabot po okazaniyu meditsinskoy pomoshchi naseleniyu Moskvy s ispolzovaniem vertoletov BK117S2 Moskovskim aviatsionnym tsentrom (2015). Prilozhenie k Soglasheniyu mezhdu mezhdu Nauchno-prakticheskim tsentrom ekstrennoy meditsinskoy pomoshchi i Moskovskim aviatsionnym tsentrom ob okazanii meditsinskoy pomoshchi s ispolzovaniem vertoletov malogo klassa = Instructions to Carry Out Aviation Work to Provide Medical Assistance to The Population of Moscow Using BC-117S-2 Helicopters by the Moscow Aviation Center (2015). Appendix to the Agreement between the Medical Emergency Medical Science and Practical Center and the Moscow Aviation Center for Medical Assistance using small-class helicopters (In Russ.).
11. On the Claim of Order of Providing of Fast, Including Specialized Medical First-Aid. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation dated June 06, 2013, No. 388 (In Russ.).
12. Baranova N.N. Sistema podgotovki specialistov aviamedicinskih brigad v Rossijskoj Federacii = System of training of specialists of aviation medical teams in the Russian Federation. Candidate’s thesis in Medicine, Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2016. 373 p. (In Russ.).
13. Fedotov S.A., Gumenyuk S.A., Ivanchin D.V. et al. Organizatsiya raboty aviameditsinskikh brigad v strukture sanitarnoy aviatsii goroda Moskvy = Organizing the Work of Aviation Medical Teams in the Structure of Sanitary Aviation in Moscow: Methodical recommendations of the Department of Health of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. Moscow Publ., 2018. 46 p. (In Russ.).
14. Gumenyuk S.A., Ivanchin D.V. et al. Tekhnika bezopasnosti pri rabote na meditsinskikh vertoletakh sanitarnoy aviatsii goroda Moskvy = Safety Technique when Working on Medical Air Ambulance Helicopters in Moscow: Methodical recommendations of the Department of Health of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. Moscow Publ., 2018. 22 p. (In Russ.).
15. Gumenyuk S.A., Ivanchin D.V. et al. Tekhnika bezopasnosti pri rabote na meditsinskikh vertoletakh sanitarnoy aviatsii goroda Moskvy v temnoe vremya sutok = Safety Technique when Working on Medical Helicopters of Sanitary Aviation in Moscow in the Dark: Methodical recommendations of the Department of Health of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. Moscow Publ., 2019. 19 p. (In Russ.).
The material was received 23.12.19; the article after peer review procedure 28.02.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 11.03.20