DISASTER MEDICINE No. 1•2020
Methodological Approaches to Determining Scope of Annual Demand for Sanitary Aviation Evacuation in Subjects of Russian Federation
Download the article in pdf format
Baranova N.N.1,2, Isaeva I.V.1, Kachanova N.A.1
1 All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine “Zashchita”, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to form methodological approaches to planning the average annual need for sanitary aviation evacuation (SAE) in the subjects of the Russian Federation.
Materials and methods of research. The subject of the study is the population in need of emergency medical care and medical evacuation in life-threatening conditions.
The selection criteria were conditions and diseases that threaten the lives of patients, in which it is necessary to provide specialized, including high-tech, medical care in the shortest possible period.
The study is based on the analysis of socio-demographic indicators in the subjects taken from the official data of Rosstat for 2017.
The method of expert assessments was used in the study based on the opinion and practical experience of specialists in assessing the points of the existing specifics of the subjects that affect the conduct of sanitary aviation evacuation using helicopters. 98 questionnaires from 68 subjects were analyzed. The territories of the subjects were divided into 3 main groups: mountainous, mountainous-plain and lowland. By comparing these groups, we have determined the most accessible group of flat territories for transport infrastructure, the availability coefficient of which is randomly taken as 1. The availability coefficient for other groups is 1.5 (mountain-plain) and 2 (mountain).
Research results and their analysis. The authors present methodological approaches to calculating the required number of sanitary and aviation evacuations in the subjects of the Russian Federation and the needs of each subject, with the exception of the Federal cities of Moscow and Saint Petersburg. A formula has been created to determine the need for conducting SAE in each subject. The conditions and main features of subjects that increase the need for sanitary aviation evacuations are considered.
Key words: conditions and main features of subjects of the Russian Federation, demand coefficient, method of expert assessments, methodological approaches, sanitary aviation evacuations, scope of annual demand for sanitary aviation evacuations, subjects of the Russian Federation
For citation: Baranova N.N., Isaeva I.V., Kachanova N.A. Methodological Approaches to Determining Scope of Annual Demand for Sanitary Aviation Evacuation in Subjects of Russian Federation. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 1: 43-53 (In Russ.).
1. On approaches to Assessing the Need for Medical Helicopters for Sanitary and Air Evacuations
in the Russian Federation: Evidence of the Russian Copyright Society KOPIRUS dated November 9, 2017, No. 017-006760 (In Russ.).
2. Baranova N.N. Medical Evacuation of Victims: their State, Problems. Report 1. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2018; 4(104): 37-40 (In Russ.).
3. A model Strategy for the Development of Sanitary Aviation in the Subject of the Russian Federation until 2024, approved by the Russian Ministry of Health: a letter from the Department of Emergency Medical Care organization and expert activities of the Russian Ministry of Health dated March 29, 2017, No. 14-3/543 (In Russ.).
4. Makhmudov F.B., Kurbanov K.M., Abdurakhmanova P.M. Organization of Emergency Consultative Medical Care Provision and of Medical Evacuation: Problems and Possible Ways of their Solution. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2018; 4: 41-44 (In Russ.).
5. URL: http://www.gks.ru/ (In Russ.).
6. URL: http://mhlife.ru/prevention/checkup/mortality/main-causes.html (In Russ.).
7. Boytsov S.A., Samorodskaya I.V. Comparison of Mortality Rates in the Subjects of the Russian Federation: the Role of the Age Structure of the Population. Menedzhment v Zdravookhranenii. 2014; 4: 13–19 (In Russ.).
8. URL: https://visasam.ru/emigration/vybor/vozrast-naseleniya-v-mire.html (In Russ.).
9. URL: https://regnum.ru/news/economy/1888787.html (In Russ.).
10. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/problemy-meditsinskogo-obsluzhivaniya-v-selskoy-mestnosti (In Russ.).
11. URL: http://www.fairbus.ru/avtomobilnyie-dorogi/obschaya-harakteristika.html (In Russ.).
12. Samoylova G.S., Avessalomova I.A. Russian Mountain Regions and Approaches to their Classification: Geoecology of Altai-Sayan Mountain Country = Geoekologiya Altae-Sayanskoy gornoy strany. Gorno-Altaysk, RIO GAGU Publ., 2005; 2: 91–101 (In Russ.).
13. On the approval of the Regional Strategy for the Development of Sanitary Aviation until 2024: Executive Order of the Government of the Moscow Region dated June 25, 2019, No. 523-RP (In Russ.).
The material was received 02.12.19; the article after peer review procedure 26.02.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 11.03.20