DISASTER MEDICINE No. 1(105)•2019
INTERNATIONAL EXERCISES “LIQUIDATION OF MEDICAL AND SANITARY CONSEQUENCES OF EARTHQUAKES”, YEREVAN, REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA, DECEMBER, 4-8, 2018 Download the article in pdf format
Tkhokhova Z.M.1, Cheplyaev A.A.1, Byzov A.V.1,2, Kalachyov I.I.1,3
1 The Federal State Budgetary Institution «All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine «Zaschita» of Health Ministry of the Russian Federation, Moscow
2 State Public Health Institution of Moscow Region “Territorial Centre for Disaster Medicine”, Moscow, Russian Federation
3 Clinic of Expert Medical Technologies Ltd, Moscow, Russian Federation
UDK 614.8.01 (479.25)
The experience of participation of Russian specialists in the international exercises “Liquidation of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Earthquakes” is presented. The exercises were held in Yerevan (Republic of Armenia) and were to mark the 30th anniversary of the Spitak earthquake (1988). The composition of participants, goals, scenario, course and results of the exercises are considered.
Key words: interaction, international emergency response teams, international exercises on the liquidation of medical and sanitary consequences of earthquakes (2018), large-scale simulation, purpose of the exercises, results of the exercises, Russian field hospital, Russian specialists, scenario of the exercises, Spitak earthquake (1988), World Health Organization
For citation: Tkhokhova Z.M., Cheplyaev A.A., Byzov A.V., Kalachyov I.I., (International Exercises “Liquidation of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Earthquakes”, Yerevan, Republic of Armenia, December, 4-8, 2018), Disaster Medicine, 2019; 1(105): 56–58 (In Rus.).
1. Nechaev Eh.A., Farshatov M.N., Medicina katastrof. Voennaya medicina i katastrofy mirnogo vremeni, (Disaster medicine. Military medicine and peacetime disasters), Ed. by corresponding member of RAMS prof. Nechaev Eh.A., Moscow, NIO Kvartet Publ., 1994, 320 p. (In Rus.).
2. Katastrofy konca 20 veka, (The disaster of the late 20th century), Ed. by Vladimirov V.A., MCHS Rossii, Moscow, URSS Publ., 1998 (In Rus.).
3. Yuri Vendik, Tim H’yuehll, Zemletryasenie v Armenii: 30 let spustya britanskie spasateli vernulis’ v Spitak, (Earthquake in Armenia: 30 years later British rescuers returned to Spitak), BBC, December 7, 2018 (In Rus.).
4. Shabanov V.Eh., Boyko N.V., Krasnov S.A., Zaytseva S.N., (Specifics of Organization of Medical Care Rendering to Victims of Catastrophic Earthquakes in Haiti and Chile), Medicina katastrof, (Disaster medicine), 2010; 1: 13-15 (In Rus.).
5. URL: www.who.int/hac/techguidance/preparedness/ emergency_medical_ teams/en.
6. URL: www.who.int/collaboratingcentres/en.