4. Petchin I.V. 1, Barachevsky Yu.E. 2, Menshikova L.I. 2, Baranov A.V. 1, Klyuchevsky V.V.3, Savvin Y.N.4, Akin’shin A.V.4
Road Traffic Trauma in the Industrial Unit of the Arctic Zone of Arkhangelsk Region
1 State Budgetary Health Institution of Arkhangelsk Region “Arkhangelsk Regional Clinical Hospital”, Arkhangelsk
2 Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “North State Medical University” of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk
3 Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Yaroslavl State Medical University” of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation, Yaroslavl
4 Federal State Budgetary Institution “All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine “Zaschita” of Health Ministry of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Research Objective – to examine the dynamics of road traffic injuries (DTT) in the Arctic zone of the Arkhangelsk region using the example of Severodvinsk’s monocity.
Research Materials and Methods. Materials of the study – 518 medical records of victims of road accidents that were urgently admitted to the hospitals in Severodvinsk in 2012–2016.
Research Results and their Analysis. The analysis of the results of the research demonstrated the predominance of persons under 40 years old among victims, which implies a considerable economic and demographic loss to the region. Most of the road traffic accidents with medical consequences were recorded in summer and autumn periods. Weekends and Mondays are considered as the days of the week with the highest risk for medical and sanitary consequences. As for the time of the day, the maximum number of accidents occurred in the evening, with the absolute maximum taken place within 18–21 hours. In 2012–2016 the number of road traffic injuries in Severodvinsk and its suburbs lowered by 31,9%.
Key words: Arctic zone of the Russian Federation, injured, road traffic accidents, road traffic injuries, Severodvinsk
1. Baranov A.V., Mediko-takticheskaya harakteristika travm taza u postradavshih v dorozhno-transportnyh i drugih neshtatnyh proisshestviyah v usloviyah oblastnogo centra evropejskogo severa Rossii na primere Arhangel’ska, Avtoref. diss. … kand. med. nauk, (Medical-tactical characteristics of injuries of the pelvis in victims of road traffic and other emergency incidents in terms of the regional center of the European North of Russia by the example of the Arkhangelsk), Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis in Medicine, Arkhangel’sk Publ., 2013, 24 p. (In Rus.)
2. Voloshina L.V., (Mortality rate due to road traffic accidents and possible trends to decrease it, Literature review),Problemyi sotsialnoy gigienyi, zdravoohraneniya i istorii meditsinyi, (Issues of social hygiene, healthcare and history of medicine), 2011; 5: 6–9 (In Rus.).
3. Vyazmin А.М., Soloviev А.G., Mordovskiy E.А., (Sex, matrimonial status and employment of untimely deceased persons in dependence to the place of death – search of the reserves to reduce the population mortality rate),Sotsialnyie aspektyi zdorovya naseleniya, (Population health social aspects), 2015; 1, URL: http://vestnik.mednet.ru/content/view/645/30/lang.ru/ (accessed 23.04.2015) (In Rus.).
4. Kuzmin А.G., Nauchnoe obosnovanie organizatsii okazaniya spetsializirovannoy meditsinskoy pomoschi litsam, postradavshim v dorozhno-transportnyih proisshestviyah v krupnoy oblasti SZFO RF na primere Vologodskoy oblasti, Avtoref. diss. … doct. med. nauk, (Scientific substantiation of the organization of the specialized medical care rendering to the persons injured in road traffic accidents in a large region of the Northwestern Federal District of the Russian Federation by the example of the Vologda Region), Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis in Medicine, St. Petersburg Publ., 2014, 44 p. (In Rus.).
5. On the national security strategy of the Russian Federation, Decree of President of the Russian Federation dated 31.12.2015 No. 683 (In Rus.).
6. Fedotov S.A., Organizatsiya meditsinskogo obespecheniya postradavshih v dorozhno-transportnyih proisshestviyah v Moskve, (Organization of medical support to the persons injured in road traffic accidents in Moscow, Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis in Medicine), Мoscow Publ., 2012, 42 p. (In Rus.).
7. On land territories of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation, Decree of President of the Russian Federation dated 02.05.2014 No. 296 (In Rus.).
8. Goncharov S.F., Bystrov M.V., Tsinika G.V., (Disaster Medicine and Emergency Medical Care: Organization of Emergency Medical Care Delivery in Liquidation of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Emergency Situations),Medicina katastrof, (Disaster medicine), 2015; 1: 15–18 (In Rus.).