12. Davydov D.V., Brizhan L.K., Kerimov A.A., Sheyanova E.Yu. Best Practice of Replacement of Defects of the Metatarsal Bones
UDK 616.089 С. 59–60
Central Military Clinical Hospital N.N.Burdenko, Moscow
The best practice of replacement of defects of the metatarsal bones is presented. It is noted, that the problem of the replacement of defects of instep bones as a result of injury, tumors or infections are still relevant, but overall disagreement about the most appropriate method is still in place. For gunshot injuries and patients with cancer the need for the replacement of the bone fragments arises due to destruction of tissues as a result of tumor, of a primary bone defect, and after extended surgical procedures involving resection of the abnormal areas.
Keywords: bone defect, bone graft, bone tumors, bones of the forefoot, primary bone defect, replacement best practice, servicemen with cancer, servicemen with gunshot wounds
1. Gokhan A, Kamil K, Metin C, Tekinalp G, Ersin L. Giant cell tumor of fourth metacarpal bone. J ClinImaging 2000; 24:139–42.
2. Murphey MD, Nomikos GC, Flemming DJ, Gannon FH, Temple HT, Kransdorf MJ. Imaging of giant cell tumor and giant cell reparative granuloma of bone: radiologic-pathologic correlation. Radiographics 2001; 21:1283–309.
3. Heck Jr RK, Toy PC. Benign bone tumors and nonneoplastic conditions sim-ulating bone tumors. In: Canale ST, Beaty JH, editors. Campbell’s operative orthopaedics. 12th ed. Canada: Mosby, ElsevierInc.; 2013, p. 881–2.
4. Jawad MU, Scully SP. Classifications in brief: enneking classification: benign and malignant tumors of the musculoskeletal system. ClinOrthopRelat Res 2010; 468(7): 2000–2.
5. Kundu ZS, Gupta V, Sangwan SS, Rana P. Curettage of benign bone tumors and tumor like lesions: a retrospective analysis. Indian J Orthop 2013; 47(3): 295–301,
6. JOA Musculoskeletal Tumor Committee. Bone tumor registry in Japan. Tokyo: NationalCancerCenter; 2006.
7. Biscaglia R, Bacchini P, Bertoni F. Giant cell tumor of the bones of the hand and foot. Cancer 2000; 88: 2022–32.
8. Toy PC, Heck Jr RK. General principles of tumors. In: Canale ST, Beaty JH, editors. Campbell’s operative orthopaedics. 12th ed. Canada: Mosby, Elsevier Inc.; 2013, p. 788–858.