DISASTER MEDICINE No. 2(102)•2018
ASSESSMENT OF LEVEL OF HOSPITAL SECURITY IN KAZAKHSTAN WITH USE OF “INDEX OF HOSPITAL SECURITY” METHODOLOGY
WHO country office in the Republic of Khazakhstan, Astana, Republic of Khazakhstan
The results of safety assessment of 16 hospitals of the Republic of Kazakhstan using the methodology “Hospital Security Index” are presented. The security index for each hospital was calculated, that indicates the degree of the hospital’s ability to function in an emergency. The generalized characteristic of the level of hospital security of the hospital system of the Republic of Kazakhstan as a whole is given.
Key words: assessment, hospitals, methodology ” Hospital Security Index», security level
1. Safe Hospitals: A Collective Responsibility, PAHO & WHO, Washington, D.C., 2005.
2. Hyogo Framework for Action 2005–2015: Building the Resilience of Nations and Communities to Disasters.
3. The 2008-09 World Disaster Reduction Campaign, “Hospitals Safe From Disasters”, Information Kit, UNISDR publication, 2008.
4. World Health Day 2009 “Save Lives. Make hospitals safe in emergencies.” WHO advocacy booklet, 2009.
5. Hospital Safety Index: guide for evaluators, PAHO & WHO, Washington, D.C., 2008.
6. Principles of Disaster Mitigation in Health Facilities, PAHO/WHO, Mitigation Series, 2000.
7. Protecting New Health Facilities from Disasters: Guidelines for the Promotion of Disaster Mitigation, Washington D.C., PAHO/WHO 2003.