DISASTER MEDICINE No. 4•2020
Main Drawbacks and Unresolved Issues of Elimination of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Chemical Emergencies
Prostakishin G.P.1, Sarmanaev S.Kh.1,2, Avetisov G.M.1
1 All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine Zashchita of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Federal Research and Clinical Centrt of Physical-Chemical Medicine of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to analyze the main shortcomings and unresolved issues of elimination of the health consequences of chemical emergencies.
Materials and methods of research. The experience of specialists of the All-Russian centre for disaster medicine Zashchita (ARCDM Zashchita) in eliminating the medical and sanitary consequences of chemical emergencies is studied.
Research results and their analysis. The article presents and analyzes the experience of participation of specialists of ARCDM Zashchita in the elimination of medical and sanitary consequences of a number of chemical emergencies. A wide variety of such emergencies and the need for targeted measures to eliminate their health consequences are shown. The shortcomings and unresolved issues of elimination of medical and sanitary consequences of chemical emergencies related to the imperfection of methodological support, insufficient technical and material support, and problems of special training of medical specialists are identified.
Keywords: All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine Zashchita, antidotes, chemical emergencies, complex of medical measures, dangerous chemicals, disaster medicine, emergency medical care, medical and sanitary consequences, methodological support, special training of medical personnel, technical and material support, victims
For citation: Prostakishin G.P., Sarmanaev S.Kh., Avetisov G.M. Main Drawbacks and Unresolved Issues of Elimination of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Chemical Emergencies. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 4: 28-32 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2020-4-28-32
1. Prostakishin G.P., Kravets A.V., Liberova R.N., Yukhno V.V., Vedernikov E.S., Gaziev G.A. On the Course of Chemical Accident Medical Consequences in Khabarovck. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 1997; 3: 74–79 (In Russ).
2. Goncharov S.F., Prostakishin G.P., Kekelidze Z.I., Sarmanaev S.Kh., Moskovkin A.S., Alimkhodzhaev A.Yu., Dalsaev M.A., Akhyadov U.B., Khamadov A.S. Mass Morbidily in the Chechen Republic: Toxic or Psychogenic? Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2006; 1-2: 46–48 (In Russ).
3. Kardanov A.V., Kardanova L.D., Prostakishin G.P. Mass Sickness of Schoolchildren in Kabardino-Balkaria: Issues of Diagnostics and Treatment. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2014; 2: 34-36 (In Russ).
4. Prostakishin G.P., Zalogin I.A., Kapatsyna A.S. Elimination of the Health Consequences of Chemical Accidents in the Belgorod Region. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2013; 2: 53–54 (In Russ).
5. Goncharov S.F., Prostakishin G.P. Concepts, Indicators and Terms Used in Chemical Crashes. Problemy analiza riska. 2014; 11; 5: 72-74 (In Russ).
6. Prostakishin G.P., Bonitenko P.P., Vorontsov I.V. et al. Organizatsiya Mediko-Sanitarnogo Obespecheniya Naseleniya pri Khimicheskikh Avariyakh. Rukovodstvo = Public Health Organization for Chemical Accidents. Guidelines. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2004. 222 p. (In Russ).
7. Prostakishin G.P., Sarmanayev S.Kh. Features of Elimination of Medical and Sanitary Consequences of Chemical Emergencies. Informatsionnyy sbornik Meditsina Katastrof, Sluzhba meditsiny katastrof = Information Collection Disaster Medicine. Service for Disaster Medicine. 2015; 4:1-15 (In Russ.).
8. Goncharov S.F., Prostakishin G.P., Sarmanayev S.Kh., Byzova V.N., Sedov A.V. Modern View on the Problem of Liquidation of Health Impacts of Chemical Emergency Situations. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2018; 3: 9-14 (In Russ).
9. Prostakishin G.P. Prognozirovanie Mediko-Sanitarnykh Posledstviy Khimicheskikh Avariy i Terroristicheskikh Aktov kak Neobkhodimyy Element Gotovnosti Meditsinskikh Uchrezhdeniy i Formirovaniy. Materialy V Nauchno-Prakticheskoy Konferentsii «Problemy Prognozirovaniya Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiy» = Forecasting the Health Effects of Chemical Accidents and Terrorist Acts as a Necessary Element of Preparedness for Medical Facilities and Formations. Materials V Scientific and Practical Conference “Problems of Emergency Forecasting”. Moscow, November 15-16, 2005. Moscow, MP-Invest Publ., 2006, pp.176-179 (In Russ).
10. Prostakishin G.P., Osin O.M., Vorontsov I.V. et al. Organizatsiya Monitoringa Khimicheskogo Zagryazneniya Obektov Okruzhayushchey Sredy pri Tekhnogennykh Avariyakh. Metodicheskie ukazaniya MU 1.1.791-99 = Organization for the Monitoring of Chemical Pollution of Environmental Objects in Man-made Accidents. Guidelines MU 1.1.791-99. 2006. 22 p. (In Russ).
11. Prostakishin G.P., Gaziev G.A., Moskovkin A.S. Metodologiya Analiza Avariyno Opasnykh Khimicheskikh Veshchestv v Vozdukhe. Materialy Konferentsii RAN «Aktualnye Nauchno-Tekhnicheskie Problemy Khimicheskoy Bezopasnosti» = Methodology for Analyzing Hazardous Chemicals in the Air. Materials of the RAS Conference “Actual Scientific and Technical Problems of Chemical Safety”. Moscow Publ., 2011, pp. 33-34 (In Russ).
12. Prostakishin G.P., Sarmanaev S.Kh., Goldfarb Yu.S. et al. Meditsinskaya Sortirovka Porazhennykh pri Khimicheskikh Avariyakh i Terroristicheskikh Aktakh s Primeneniem Toksichnykh Veshchestv = Medical Sorting of Those Affected by Chemical Accidents and Terrorist Acts with the Use of Toxic Substances. Medical Study Guide. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2011, 31 p. (In Russ).
13. Ovchinnikov Yu.V., Prostakishin G.P., Sarmanaev S.Kh. et al. Ostraya Khimicheskaya Travma. Voprosy Diagnostiki i Lecheniya = Acute Chemical Injury. Diagnostic and Treatment Issues. Moscow Publ., 2018, 464 p. (In Russ).
14. Prostakishin G.P., Goldfarb Yu.S., Ostapenko Yu.N. et al. Antidotnaya Terapiya v Lechenii Porazhennykh pri Khimicheskikh Avariyakh i Terroristicheskikh Aktakh s Primeneniem Toksichnykh Veshchestv = Antidote Therapy in the Treatment of Those Affected by Chemical Accidents and Terrorist Acts with the Use of Toxic Substances. Medical Study Guide. Moscow, VTSMK Zashchita Publ., 2011, 35 p. (In Russ).
The material was received 14.10.20; the article after peer review procedure 23.11.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 30.11.20