DISASTER MEDICINE No. 4•2020
Inter-Hospital Medical Evacuation of Victims of Road Accidents on the Federal Highway M-8 “Kholmogory” in the Arkhangelsk Region
Baranov A.V. 1,2
1 Northern State Medical University, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation
2 Cherepovets State University, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Cherepovets, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to evaluate the inter-hospital medical evacuation of victims of road accidents on the Federal highway M-8 “Kholmogory” in the Arkhangelsk region to determine ways of further improvement.
Materials and methods of research: a retrospective study is carried out of 112 medical records of victims of accidents on the FAD M-8 “Kholmogory” in the Arkhangelsk region, evacuated for urgent reasons in the period from 01.01.2012 to 31.12.2018 from the Central district hospitals (CRH) to the Arkhangelsk regional clinical hospital – trauma center level I.
Research results and their analysis. There was an increase in the number of cases of inter-hospital medical evacuation of victims of accidents on the FAD M-8 “Kholmogory”, especially its sanitary aviation component-by 2018; all evacuees had severe polytrauma, the vast majority of them were evacuated from the CRH to the level I trauma center within the first day.
The need is substantiated to equip a helipad, purchase a helicopter, create full-fledged emergency response teams, and organize routing of victims of accidents on the FAD M-8 Kholmogory in the Shenkursky and Velsky districts of the Arkhangelsk region to the Velsky CRH-level II trauma center.
Keywords: Arkhangelsk region, Arkhangelsk Regional Clinical Hospital, central district hospitals, Federal Highway M-8 “Kholmogory”, inter-hospital medical evacuation, road accidents, sanitary aviation evacuation, trauma centers
For citation: Baranov A.V. Inter-Hospital Medical Evacuation of Victims of Road Accidents on the Federal Highway M-8 “Kholmogory” in the Arkhangelsk Region. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 4: 66-69 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.33266/2070-1004-2020-4-66-69
1. Baranova N.N., Goncharov S.F. Meditsinskaya Evakuatsiya pri Likvidatsii Posledstviy Chrezvychaynykh Situatsiy: Marshrutizatsiya, Kriterii Kachestva = Medical Evacuation during Emergency Response: Routing, Quality Criteria. Emergency. 2019; 4: 4-13 (In Russ.).
2. Goncharov S.F., Akin’shin A.V., Bazhenov M.I., Baranova N.N., Bobiy B.V., Byzov A.V., Guseva O.I., Meshkov M.A., Savvin Yu.N., Chernyak S.I. Medical Evacuation of Victims with Polytrauma. Organizational Issues. Message 1. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019; 4: 43-47 (In Russ.).
3. Petchin I.V., Barachevskiy Ju.E., Men’shikova L.I., Baranov A.V. The System of Emergency Medical Care for Victims of Traffic Accidents at the Prehospital Stage in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. Human Ecology. 2018; 12: 12-19 (In Russ.).
4. Bartiev R.A., Duduev V.S., Jersenbiev A.V. Organization of Emergency Medical Advice and Medical Evacuation in the Chechen Republic. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019; 3: 42-43 (In Russ.).
5. Sebelev A.I., Jarmolich V.A., Poroyskiy S.V. Provision of Emergency Medical Care to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents in the Volgograd Region. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019; 3: 12-16 (In Russ.)
6. Isaeva I.V. Medical Aviation at the Regional Level in the Russian Federation. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2019; 2: 52-55 (In Russ.)
7. Ul’yanov A.A., Gromut A.A., Fed’ko R.V. Organization of Medical Assistance to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents Outside the Settlements in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Yugra. Meditsina Katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2017; 4: 19-21 (In Russ.)
The material was received 17.09.20; the article after peer review procedure 24.11.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 30.11.20