DISASTER MEDICINE No. 3•2020
Emergency Medical Care Delivery to Victims of Road Accidents on Federal Highway M-8 Kholmogory in Arkhangelsk Region
Goncharov S.F.1,2, Baranov A.V. 3,4
1 All-Russian Centre for Disaster Medicine Zashchita of Federal Medical Biological Agency, Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Professional Education, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
3 Northern State Medical University, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation
4 Cherepovets State University, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Cherepovets, Russian Federation
Abstract. The purpose of the study is to evaluate the results of providing emergency medical care (SMP) to victims of road accidents on the Federal highway (FAD) M-8 Kholmogory in the Arkhangelsk region in order to further improve its organization.
Materials and methods of research. Research materials – 906 medical records of patients who received medical care in inpatient conditions (f.003/u), who were admitted for urgent indications after an accident on the FAD M-8 Kholmogory to medical organizations of the Arkhangelsk Region in the period from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2018. Accounting forms were selected based on the criteria of retrospective continuous documentary observation.
Research results and their analysis. Emergency medical care was provided to the majority (85.9%) of those injured in road accidents and included the use of painkillers (77.4%), transport immobilization (67.0%) and intravenous infusion of anti-shock drugs (30.6%). It is noted that in the pre-hospital period, a significant number of victims with multiple and combined injuries (11.4%) did not receive medical care of needed scale. The conclusion is made: despite the division of the territory of the Arkhangelsk region into medical districts, there are serious shortcomings in the distribution of SMP teams on the FAD M-8 Kholmogory, including the lack of SMP teams to serve specific sections of the FAD. Ways to improve the organization of SMP at the FAD M-8 Kholmogory in the Arkhangelsk region are proposed.
Keywords: ambulance, Arkhangelsk Region, Federal Highway M-8 Kholmogory, medical organizations, pre-hospital period, road accidents, victims
For citation: Goncharov S.F., Baranov A.V. Emergency Medical Care Delivery to Victims of Road Accidents on Federal Highway M-8 Kholmogory in Arkhangelsk Region. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine. 2020; 3: 42-46 (In Russ.).
1. Anisimov A.Yu., Isaeva I.V., Bobiy B.V. Improving the Results of Treatment of Victims with Concomitant Mechanical Injuries in Road Traffic Accidents on the Example of the Republic of Tatarstan. Emergency, 2018; 1: 40-47 (In Russ.)
2. Mel’nikova I.S., Shkatova E.Yu., Uteva A.G. Ambulance Performance Indicators in the Elimination of the Consequences of Road Traffic Accidents in the Udmurt Republic for 2011-2018. Emergency, 2020; 1: 22-26 (In Russ.)
3. Sebelev A.I., Yarmolich V.A., Poroyskiy S.V. Provision of Emergency Medical Care to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents in the Volgograd Region. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine, 2019; 3: 12-16 (In Russ.)
4. Baranov A.V., Klyuchevskiy V.V., Men’shikova L.I., Barachevskiy Yu.E., Petchin I.V. Assessment of the Provision of Medical Care at the Prehospital Stage for Victims with Polytrauma in Road Traffic Accidents in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. Polytravma, 2018; 2: 11-16 (In Russ.)
5. Petchin I.V. Optimizatsiya okazaniya meditsinskoy pomoshi postradavshim v dorozhno-transportnykh proisshestviyakh v monogorode Arkticheskoy zony Rossii = Optimization of Medical Care for Victims of Road Traffic Accidents in the Monotown of the Arctic Zone of Russia. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis in Medicine. Moscow Publ., 2019, 27 p. (In Russ.)
6. Ul’yanov A.A., Gromut A.A., Fed’ko R.V. Organization of Medical Assistance to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents outside the Settlements in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Yugra. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine, 2017; 4: 19-21 (In Russ.)
7. Popov V.P., Rogozhina L.P., Kashevarova L.R. Okazanie yekstrennoy medicinskoy pomoshi postradavshim v dorozhno-transportnykh proisshestviyakh na federal’nykh avtodorogakh = Provision of Emergency Medical Care to Victims of Road Traffic Accidents on Federal Highways. Meditsina katastrof = Disaster Medicine, 2017; 3: 22-25 (In Russ.)
8. Varakina Zh.L., Sannikov A.L. “Travmaticheskaya epidemiya” v sovremennoy Rossii (na primere Arkhangel’skoy oblasti) = Traumatic Epidemic in Modern Russian Federation (on the example of the Arkhangelsk Region). Arkhangelsk, Publishing House of NSMU, 2018, 198 p. (In Russ.)
9. Baranova N.N., Goncharov S.F. Medical Evacuation during Emergency Response: Routing, Quality Criteria. Emergency, 2019; 4: 4-13 (In Russ.).
The material was received 25.08.20; the article after peer review procedure 03.09.20; the Editorial Board accepted the article for publication 09.09.20