DISASTER MEDICINE No. 4(104)•2018
VEGETATIVE TONUS AND ADAPTIVE RESPONSE OF ORGANISM OF MILITARY PERSONNEL DEPENDING ON NATURE OF THEIR PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY Download the article in pdf format
Federal State Organization «Centre for Strategic Planning and Management of Biomedical Health Risks» of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow
The results of the study of specifics of adaptive-compensatory reactions of the organism of servicemen, depending on the nature of their professional activities are presented. Two groups of soldiers of the same age were involved in the study: those who took part in armed activity and those who did not. The results of the study showed that compared to the soldiers who did not participate in fighting, those who did were younger in biological age – they had a slow rate of aging. The adaptation to the conditions of professional activity in the participants of fighting was due to the activation of anabolic processes, in persons who did not take part in fighting – due to the activation of catabolic processes. The conclusion is made: indicators of biological age and vegetative tonus allow to reveal functional tension of adaptation mechanisms and to estimate adaptive possibilities of an organism for the timely prevention of development of such states.
Key words: adaptation, biological age, character of professional activity, participants of military operations, rate of aging, servicemen, vegetative tonus
For citation: Meshkov N.A., (Vegetative Tonus and Adaptive Response of Organism of Military Personnel Depending on Nature of their Professional Activity), Disaster Medicine, 2018; 4(104): 32–36 (In Rus.)
1. Lim B.C., Sostoyanie zdorov’ya i professional’naya boesposobnost’ voennosluzhashchih, uchastvuyushchih v kontrterroristicheskoj operacii na territorii CHechenskoj Respubliki, Dis. kand. med. nauk, (Health and professional fighting efficiency of military personnel taking part in a counter-terrorist operation in the territory of the Chechen Republic), Candidate’s thesis in Medicine, Moscow Publ., 2004, 130 p. (In Rus.)
2. Han V.V., Sostoyanie zdorov’ya, fizicheskoe razvitie i adaptacionnye vozmozhnosti organizma voennosluzhashchih, uchastvuyushchih v kontrterroristicheskoj operacii, Dis. dokt. med. nauk, (Health, fitness and adaptive capabilities of military personnel taking part in a counter-terrorist operation), Doctor’s thesis in Medicine, Moscow Publ., 2006, 243 p. (In Rus.)
3. Bal’bert A.A., Samojlova V.N., Myakotnyh V.S., Meshchaninov V.N., (Lipid peroxidation and biological age of today’s former combatants with head injury), Vestnik ural’skoi meditsinskoi akademicheskoi nauki, 2010; 2: 62–64 (In Rus.)
4. Abramovich S.G., Bush M.P., Korovina E.O., (The biological age in military men of law-enforcement organs), Sibirskij medicinskij zhurnal, (Siberian Medical Journal), 2008; 5: 27–31 (In Rus.)
5. Maksumova N.V., Pozdnyak A.O., (The analysis of the relationship of psychological state with somatic disorders and desadaptation in war veterans during outpatient examination), Prakticheskaya medicina, (Practical medicine), 2016; 1(93): 119–122 (In Rus.)
6. Maksumova N.V., (Analysis of the relationship of vegetative tone and level of adaptation with diagnosed cardiovascular diseases in war veterans during the outpatient examination), Prakticheskaya medicina, (Practical medicine), 2017; 2(103): 94–97 (In Rus.)
7. Yakovenko N.A., (New approaches to assessing adaptive capabilities in extreme conditions [Novye podhody k ocenke adaptacionnyh vozmozhnostej organizma v ehkstremal’nyh usloviyah], Traditional and experimental methods of studying and overcoming the medical and biological problems in ensuring the optimal vital functions of human beings and the wildlife), CXLII International Research and Practice Conference and I stage of the Championship in Medicine and Pharmaceutics, Biology, Veterinary Medicine and Agricultural science, Proceedings, London, April 13 – April 21, 2017, Chief ed. V.V.Pavlov, London, IASHE Publ., 2017, pp. 50–53.
8. Meshkov N.A., (Biological age as the indicator of the adaptive capabilities of military personnel in combat conditions), Invalidy i obshchestvo, (Scientific and practical journal “Disabled people and society”), 2016; 1(19): 32–38 (In Rus.)
9. Vojtenko V.P., Tokar’ A.V., Polyuhov A.M., (Method for determining the biological age of a person), Gerontologiya i geriatriya, Ezhegodnik, Biologicheskij vozrast, Nasledstvennost’ i starenie, (Gerontology and geriatrics, Annual Journal, Biological age, Heredity and aging), Kiev Publ., 1984, pp. 133–137.
10. Plakueva A.N., Hromova A.V., Katysheva L.V., Popov D.S., (Biological age of young people in Russia’s North West), Ehkologiya cheloveka, (Human Ecology), 2006; 11: 17–20 (In Rus.)
11. Bobryakov N.A., (The study of biological age in patients with cerebrovascular disorders), Sibirskij medicinskij zhurnal, (Siberian Medical Journal), 2012; 3: 28–32 (In Rus.)
12. Reshetnikov V.A., Reshetnikov V.A., Gricengir V.V., Shirokov B.P., Ispol’zovanie pokazatelej biologicheskogo vozrasta dlya optimizacii lechebno-profilakticheskih meropriyatij v vojskah: uchebno-metodicheskoye posobiye, (Using biological age data to improve therapeutic and preventive interventions for armed forces: teaching aid), Saratov Publ., 2000, 24 p. (In Rus.)
13. Ein aus Daten der Blutzirkulation kalkulierter Index zur Beurteilung der vegetativen Tonuslage von I.Kérdö (The index, calculated from the blood circulation data, to assess the vegetative tone I.Kérdö), Acta neurovegetativa, (Neurovegetative act), 1966; 29; 2: 250–268 (In German)
14. Berseneva A.P., Principy i metody massovyh donozologicheskih obsledovanij s ispol’zovaniem avtomatizirovannyh system, Avtoref. dis. dokt. biol. nauk, (Principles and methods of mass preventive physical exams using automated systems), Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis in Biology, Kiev Publ., 1991, 27 p. (In Rus.)
15. Baevskij P.M., Berseneva A.P., Ocenka adaptacionnyh vozmozhnostej organizma i riska razvitiya zabolevanij, (Assessing adaptive capabilities and disease risks), Moscow Publ., 1997, 234 p. (In Rus.)
16. Vejn A.M., Vegetativnye rasstrojstva. Klinika, diagnostika, lechenie, (Vegetative disorders. Clinic, diagnosis, treatment), Moscow, Medicinskoe informacionnoe agentstvo Publ., 2003, 752 p. (In Rus.)