DISASTER MEDICINE No. 1(101)•2018
SPECIFICS OF PACE OF AGING, LEVELS OF ANXIETY AND QUALITY OF LIFE IN OLDER WOMEN SURVIVERS OF STRESSFUL SITUATIONS, FOR EXAMPLE, FIRES
Gudkov A.B. 1,2, Dyomin A.V. 2, Gribanov A.V. 2, Popova O.N. 1
1 Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “North State Medical University” of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation
2 Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education “Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V.Lomonosov”, Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation
The specifics are presented of pace of aging, of levels of anxiety and quality of life in women survivors of fires aged 60-69. It is found that the experienced stressful situation associated with fire increases the rate of aging in elderly women, increases situational anxiety, leads to the development of high levels of personal anxiety, as well as reduces the physical and psychological components of quality of life.
Key words: fire, personal anxiety, quality of life, rate of aging, situational anxiety, stressful situation, women fire-victims aged 60-69
1. Cherry K.E., Sampson L., Galea S., Marks L.D., Baudoin K.H., Nezat P.F., Stanko K.E., Health-Related Quality of Life in Older Coastal Residents After Multiple Disasters, Disaster medicine and public health preparedness, 2017; 11; 1: 90–96.
2. Shoigu Yu.S., Printsipy okazaniya ekstrennoi psikhologicheskoi pomoshchi v usloviyakh chrezvychainykh i ekstremal’nykh situatsii (Basic principles of urgent psychological support in emergencies), Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, Ser.12, 2010; 1: 162–168 (In Rus.).
3. National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health (UK), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, The Management of PTSD in Adults and Children in Primary and Secondary Care, Leicester (UK): Gaskell and the British Psychological Society, 2005, 167 p.
4. Goncharov S.F., Kokhanov V.P., Aktual’nye teoreticheskie i prakticheskie aspekty problemy posttravmaticheskikh stressovykh rasstroistv i puti ee resheniya s uchetom opyta meditsiny katastrof, (Challenging Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Posttraumatic Stress Disorders Problem and Ways of its Solution with Consideration of Disaster Medicine Experience), Meditsina katastrof, (Disaster medicine), 2013; 3: 39–43 (In Rus.).
5. Lamoureux-Lamarche C., Vasiliadis H.M., Préville M., Berbiche D., Post-traumatic stress syndrome in a large sample of older adults: determinants and quality of life, Aging and mental health, 2016; 20; 4: 401–406.
6. Gudkov A.B., Dyomin A.V., Gribanov A.V., Torshin V.I., Pashchenko V.P., Vozrastnaya samootsenka zhenshchin 55–64 let kak ekspress-metod opredeleniya parametrov kachestva zhizni v tsirkumpolyarnom regione, (Characterisrics of quality of life, levels of anxiety and age self-assessment in women 55–64 years old, residents of the European North), Ekologiya cheloveka, 2017; 7: 32–38 (In Rus.).
7. Spirduso W.W., Francis K.L., MacRae P.G., Physical Dimensions of Aging, 2nd Edition, Champaign, Human Kinetics, 2005, 384 p.
8. Voitenko V.P., Zdorov’e zdorovykh. Vvedenie v sanologiyu, (The Health of the Healthy. Introduction to Sanology), Kiev, Zdorov’e Publ., 1991, 246 p. (In Rus.).
9. Praktikum po psikhologii sostoyanii, Pod red. A.O.Prokhorova, (Workshop on the psychology of states, Ed. Prokhorov A.O.), St. Petersburg, Rech’ Publ., 2004, 480 p. (In Rus.).
10. Maruish M.E., User’s manual for the SF–36v2 Health Survey, 3nd ed., Lincoln, RI: QualityMetric Incorporated, 2011. 330 p.
11. Lohr J.B., Palmer B.W., Eidt C.A., Aailaboyina S., Mausbach B.T., Wolkowitz O.M., Thorp S.R., Jeste D.V., Is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Associated with Premature Senescence? A Review of the Literature, The American journal of geriatric psychiatry: official journal of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry, 2015; 23; 7: 709–725.
12. Tueth M.J., Anxiety in the older patient: differential diagnosis and treatment, Geriatrics, 1993; 48; 2: 51–54.
13. Van ‘t Veer-Tazelaar P.J. P., Cuijpers A.J., Beekman Prevention of depression and anxiety in older people, Tijdschrift voor psychiatrie, 2011; 53; 9: 579–584.
14. Schneiderman N., Ironson G., Siegel S.D., Stress and health: psychological, behavioral, and biological determinants, Annual Review of Clinical Psychology, 2005; 1: 607–628.
15. Mollenkopf H., Walker A., Quality of Life in Old Age: International and Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives (Social Indicators Research Series), New York (USA), Springer, 2010, 260 p.
16. Gudkov A.B., Dyomin A.V., Gribanov A.V., Kharakteristika postural’nogo kontrolya u zhenshchin pozhilogo vozrasta s sindromom padenii, (Postural control characteristics in elderly women with fallers), Uspekhi gerontologii, 2015; 28; 3: 513–520 (In Rus.).
17. Fiske A., Wetherell J.L., Gatz M., Depression in older adults, Annual review of clinical psychology, 2009; 5: 363–389.
18. Charles S.T., Carstensen L.L., Social and emotional aging, Annual review of psychology, 2010; 61: 383–409.
19. Fernández-Carro C., Módenes J.A., Spijker J., Living conditions as predictor of elderly residential satisfaction. A cross-European view by poverty status, European journal of ageing, 2015: 12; 2: 187–202.